|November 08, 2019||1st||2nd||Final|
|STE||48:13||Degance, Chris (Scattergood, Lewis )|
|LIP||58:17||WYNIA, John (LEIJA, Javier )|
|STE||89:57||Chalbaud, Sebastian (Busmann, Finn , Suaut, William)|
|Stats at a Glance||LIP||STE|
|Shots (on Goal)||17 (7)||8 (3)|
NEWARK, N.J. - The Lipscomb men’s soccer team lost a heartbreaker on Friday night as the Bisons fell to Stetson 2-1 in the final seconds of the ASUN Tournament quarterfinals.
The 4-seed Hatters scored the game-winner with three seconds remaining in the match as Sebastian Chalbaud slotted one into the net on a chaotic play to eliminate the 5-seed and two-time defending ASUN champion Bisons.
After a scoreless first half where the two teams spent the majority of the time feeling each other out, Stetson got on the board first early in the second half ending a 265-minute scoreless streak from the Bisons defense. Chris DeGance scored the game’s first goal on a give-and-go with Lewis Scattergood in the 49th minute.
Lipscomb equalized exactly10 minutes later in the 59th minute. Redshirt-junior Javier Leija brilliantly set up senior John Wynia who raced ahead and put the ball away, tying the match at 1-1.
The Bisons hunted for a goal relentlessly for the next 30 minute, but were unable to find an equalizer despite out-shooting the Hatters 17-8 with a 7-3 shots-on-goal advantage.
Lipscomb ends the season 5-9-2 with their first loss in the ASUN Tournament since 2016. The graduating seniors, Austin Eager, Ben Locke, Daniel Muhlbauer, and John Wynia, went a combined 5-2-1 in ASUN Tournament play.
- Eager, Locke, freshman goalkeeper Michael Sibley, sophomores Noah and Scott Gulden, and freshman Honore Kalala went the full 90 minutes for the Bisons.
- Leija’s assist was his third of the season, tying him with sophomores Noah Gulden and Louis Robinson for the team lead.
- Wynia’s goal was his first of the season. He led the team with four shots and three shots-on-goal.
- Lipscomb is 0-2-2 in extra time on the season. This was the only extra time match they played against a conference opponent.
- Lipscomb earned six corners to Stetson’s one.
- Lipscomb was whistled for five fouls and one offsides.