|Men's Tennis » Schedule » Roster » News » Coaches » 2015 Stats|
Sunday, March 21, 2010The Bisons faced Stetson in an A-Sun conference match up on Saturday, March 20. Lipscomb fell 6-1 to Stetson, bringing their conference record to 1-5.
The Bisons were swept in doubles, causing them to lose the doubles point and begin singles play down 1-0.
Daniel Hangstefer and Joe McArdle were defeated at No. 1 by Didrik Berg and Chris Swanteson, losing 8-3.
At No. 2, Chad Pierron and Tanner Brown lost 8-2 to Maksim Levanovich and Cesare Gallo.
Mario Hernandez and Colby Shaw fell to Mark Mestan and Alex Hackett 8-4 at No. 3.
In singles the Bisons failed to find better results, losing five of their six singles matches.
The only win came at the No. 5 position. Freshman Colby Shaw improved his winning record with a victory over Hackette 6-4, 6-4. The freshman powerhouse is 5-1 in conference singles, dropping his only match to Campbell in the Bisons conference opener.
Pierron was defeated at the No. 1 position by Levanovich 6-1, 6-2 while Hangstefer fell to Mestan 6-2, 6-1 at No. 2.
At the No. 3 position, Murrell fell 6-0, 6-0 to Gallo, while Hernandez was defeated at No. 4 6-1, 6-1 by Berg, and Brown lost to Swanteson 6-4, 6-2.
"Stetson is a solid team," Lipscomb coach Andrew Harris said. "Coach Pilote does a great job of preparing his guys to compete at a high level every match.
“We need to get ready for Austin Peay and ETSU this week and continue to focus on getting better everyday as we finish the final four matches of the season."
The Bisons hope to do just that as they enter into the final matches of their season. The men still have Belmont, Kennesaw State, Mercer, and ETSU left on their A-Sun conference agenda.
The Bisons are leading Belmont, Kennesaw, and Mercer by one match in the A-Sun rankings.
The men’s tennis team competes against Austin Peay on Tuesday at the Lipscomb Tennis Center. Match play begins at 2 pm.
1. Didrik Berg/Chris Swanteson (STET) def. Daniel Hangstefer/Joe McArdle (LU) 8-3
2. Maksim Levanovich/Cesare Gallo (STET) def. Tanner Brown/Chad Pierron (LU) 8-2
3. Mark Mestan/Alex Hackett (STET) def. Mario Hernandez/Colby Shaw (LU) 8-4
1. Maksim Levanovich (STET) def. Chad Pierron (LU) 6-1, 6-2
2. Mark Mestan (STET) def. Daniel Hangstefer (LU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Cesare Gallo (STET) def. James Murrell (LU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Didrik Berg (STET) def. Mario Hernandez (LU) 6-1, 6-1
5. Colby Shaw (LU) def. Alex Hackett (STET) 6-4, 6-4
6. Chris Swanteson (STET) def. Tanner Brown (LU) 6-4, 6-2
Written by Ashlan Williams, student assistant in athletics media relations.
Men's Tennis Archives
2009-10 Men's Tennis