|Men's Tennis » Schedule » Roster » News » Coaches » 2015 Stats|
Friday, April 02, 2010The Bisons traveled to Georgia to face Atlantic Sun foe Kennesaw State on Friday, April 2. The men fought a tough battle but fell in the end 6-1. Lipscomb’s conference record now falls to 1-7.
The Bisons began the match with doubles play.
Daniel Hangstefer and Joe McArdle competed at the No. 1 doubles spot. The duo fell to Michael Langel and Simon Janik 8-5.
At No. 2, Chad Pierron and Tanner Brown crumbled against Tyler Mills and Elliot Kahler, losing 8-2.
Colby Shaw and Mario Hernandez came up short at No. 3, falling 8-3 to Gianna Kubin and Gokalp Ozdemir.
With losses at all three doubles positions, the Bisons allowed Kennesaw to capture the doubles point, sending Lipscomb into singles play with a 1-0 deficit.
Hangstefer returned to the No. 1 position against Kennesaw, but unfortunately, he fell to Janik in a three set match, losing 7-5, 3-6, 6-0.
Pierron, moving down to the No. 2 spot, secured the Bisons only win of the match. Pierron defeated Mills 6-4, 6-3 to put the Bisons on the scoreboard.
With a 1-2 disadvantage, Hernandez added another loss to the board for the Bisons at the No. 3 spot, falling to Ozdemir 6-2, 6-3.
At No. 4, Shaw was playing a tight second set, but his match was pulled once the Owls clinched the match. Shaw barely fell in the first set 7-6 (4) and was tied at 3 all in the second against Langel.
McArdle played at the No. 5 position. With a score of 6-4, 6-1, McArdle fell to Kubin, giving the Owls a stronger lead.
Brown put up a tough fight at the No. 6 spot, but in the end could not pull it out before his third set, already one game in, was switched to a tiebreaker. He fell to Kahler 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-2).
With a match score of 6-1, the Bisons return to Nashville empty handed.
The Bisons still have Mercer and Belmont on their schedules. Lipscomb will need to pick up at least one of these wins in order to get a chance at making the conference tournament.
The Bisons travel to Mercer on Saturday, April 3.
1. Michael Langel/Simon Janik (KSU) def. Daniel Hangstefer/Joe McArdle (LU) 8-5
2. Tyler Mills/Elliot Kahler (KSU) def. Tanner Brown/Chad Pierron (LU) 8-2
3. Gianni Kubin/Gokalp Ozdemir (KSU) def. Colby Shaw/Mario Hernandez (LU) 8-3
1. Simon Janik (KSU) def. Daniel Hangstefer (LU) 7-5, 3-6, 6-0
2. Chad Pierron (LU) def. Tyler Mills (KSU) 6-4, 6-3
3. Gokalp Ozdemir (KSU) def. Mario Hernandez (LU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Michael Langel (KSU) def. Colby Shaw (LU) 7-6 (7-4), 3-3
5. Gianni Kubin (KSU) def. Joe McArdle (LU) 6-4, 6-1
6. Elliot Kahler (KSU) def. Tanner Brown (LU) 3-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-2)
Men's Tennis Archives
2009-10 Men's Tennis