|Men's Tennis » Schedule » Roster » News » Coaches » 2015 Stats|
Saturday, February 23, 2013
MURRAY, Ky. - Building off their win against North Alabama last Saturday, the men’s tennis team traveled up to Murray, Ky., to take on the Murray State Racers. The team headed back to Nashville victorious after claiming a 7-0 win, improving their record to 3-3 on the season.
Oliver Strecker, David Salazar, Daniel Hernandez, Stuart Tierney, Tanner Brown and John Tougher all posted wins in the singles competition, while the doubles teams of Miguel Cortez/Stuart Tierney and Tanner Brown/Colby Shaw netted wins.
Coach Andrew Harris spoke highly of the team’s performance against Murray State.
“The guys played great from the beginning,” Harris said. “We came out on the road and got early breaks at two and three doubles to set the tempo from the beginning.
“We did a good job of sustaining that momentum through the doubles while then seeing it through on the singles side.”
Harris said he hopes Saturday’s 1 p.m. home match against the University of Texas-San Antonio will continue to help the men’s team improve.
“UTSA will be another great test,” Harris said. “We look forward to being back home on campus.”
Lipscomb 7, Murray State 0
Feb 22, 2013 at Murray, Ky. (Kenlake Tennis Center)
1. Oliver Strecker (LIPM) def. Adam Taylor (MUR) 6-4, 6-2
2. David Salazar (LIPM) def. Tyler Jeffers (MUR) 6-3, 6-3
3. Daniel Hernandez (LIPM) def. Joao Camara (MUR) 6-4, 6-2
4. Stuart Tierney (LIPM) def. Max McLean (MUR) 7-6, 6-0
5. Tanner Brown (LIPM) def. Ryan Kennedy (MUR) 9-7
6. John Tougher (LIPM) def. Nik Mitric (MUR) 8-4
1. Adam Taylor/Ryan Kennedy (MUR) def. Oliver Strecker/David Salazar (LIPM) 8-4
2. Miguel Cortez/Stuart Tierney (LIPM) def. Tyler Jeffers/Joao Camara (MUR) 8-1
3. Tanner Brown/Colby Shaw (LIPM) def. Nik Mitric/Max McLean (MUR) 8-4
Murray State 0-8
Men's Tennis Archives
2012-13 Men's Tennis