|Men's Tennis » Schedule » Roster » News » Coaches » 2014 Stats|
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Lipscomb men’s tennis team ended the regular season with a satisfying 4-0 home win over rival Belmont.
Daniel Hernandez, Stuart Tierney and Colby Shaw posted wins in the singles. The doubles teams of Tierney/Miguel Cortez and Oliver Strecker/David Salazar won their matches. The other matches went unfinished.
Lipscomb coach Andrew Harris gave accolades to the men’s team, specifically commending the performances of Tierney, Hernandez and Shaw.
“Great job tonight from the guys,” Harris said. “I was really proud of the way we came out in doubles and, not only got ahead, but finished.
“Then, Stuart continued his great spring by bouncing out in front and being the first off to give us 2-0 lead. I was just as happy for Daniel the past two matches and the way he has competed. Most importantly Colby, our captain, finished his final home match here on top.”
The men’s team (8-11) looks ahead to postseason play as the Atlantic Sun tournament begins Friday. They are set to play No. 3 Stetson in Johnson City, Tenn., at the ETSU complex.
Lipscomb 4, Belmont 0
Apr 15, 2013 at Nashville, Tenn.
1. Oliver Strecker (LIPM) vs. Henrique Norbiato (BELM) 4-6, 2-3, unfinished
2. David Salazar (LIPM) vs. Fernando Mussolini (BELM) 4-6, 2-2, unfinished
3. Daniel Hernandez (LIPM) def. Navarro Veys (BELM) 6-2, 6-4
4. Stuart Tierney (LIPM) def. Bruno Silva (BELM) 6-2, 6-3
5. Miguel Cortez (LIPM) vs. Hans Nardelli (BELM) 6-4, 5-0, unfinished
6. Colby Shaw (LIPM) def. Henrik Claesson (BELM) 6-2, 6-0
1. Stuart Tierney/Miguel Cortez (LIPM) def. Fernando Mussolini/Henrique Norbiato (BELM) 8-6
2. Oliver Strecker/David Salazar (LIPM) def. Navarro Veys/Hans Nardelli (BELM) 8-1
3. Colby Shaw/John Tougher (LIPM) vs. Bruno Silva/Henrik Claesson (BELM) 7-7, unfinished
Men's Tennis Archives
2012-13 Men's Tennis