DELAND, Fla. - The Lipscomb men’s tennis team continues to search for their first conference win after a 6-1 loss to Stetson on Saturday.
Lipscomb (6-10, 0-3) was unable to gain any momentum while in Florida as they took just one point from Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson.
Stetson’s Hatters (11-8, 4-0) continued their hot play, winning their fifth consecutive match. The Hatters were able to jump out to an early lead with wins at the second and third doubles lines to take the point.
Alejandro Manzanares proved to be a bright spot for the Bisons with his play in singles. Manzanares split the first two sets with Laurynas Antropikas at the second line before pulling out a 6-1, 3-6, 6-1 win. The win give the sophomore five wins in his last six matches.
With the match, the Bisons have hit the mid-point of their conference schedule. They will look to get back on track next week when they host USC-Upstate on Thursday before playing host to NJIT on Saturday.
Stetson 6 – Lipscomb 1
- Loic Bianco/Laurynas Antropikas (STET) vs. Rob Mitchell/Alejandro Manzanares (LIP) 3-4, unfinished
- Collin MacNamara/Simon Julin (STET) def. Thais Minet/Philippe Courteau (LIP) 6-3
- Graham Ball/Pierre Fossier (STET) def. John Tougher/Kauai Linardi (LIP) 6-2
- Loic Bionco (STET) def. Rob Mitchell (LIP) 6-2, 6-2
- Alejandro Manzanares (LIP) def. Laurynas Antropikas (STET) 6-1, 3-6, 6-1
- Pierre Fossier (STET) def. Philippe Courteau (LIP) 6-0, 6-4
- Graham Ball (STET) def. Daniel Cardenas (LIP) 7-5, 6-4
- Simon Julin (STET) def. Thais Minet (LIP) 6-2, 6-4
- Collin MacNamara (STET) def. Kauai Linardi (LIP) 6-3, 6-4