Saturday, November 01, 2008
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Lipscomb University Athletics and Stretch Internet announced today the addition of streaming audio broadcasts and on-demand replay for all Lipscomb Sports Network events.
This free service will launch Tuesday, November 4 for Lipscomb’s men’s basketball exhibition against Freed-Hardeman.
"With Lipscomb's growing base of fans and alumni across the country, it is vital to deliver through the internet, free live and on-demand audio streaming of all the action on the court or on the field,” said Athletic Director Philip Hutcheson. “We are proud to partner with Stretch Internet to provide high quality professional broadcasts that are available anywhere, anytime with an internet connection."
The Lipscomb Sports Network currently broadcasts all Bison and Lady Bison basketball games with plans for future expansion to other sports. A schedule of upcoming and archived broadcast is available at www.lipscombsports.com/sportsnetwork/.
All games will be available in MP3 format for free downloading through the Lipscomb Sports Network Podcast channel on iTunes. CD’s will also be available for purchase for $15.95 through Stretch Internet.
ASun.TV will continue to video broadcast a variety of Lipscomb events, including men’s and women’s basketball and soccer, as well as volleyball, baseball and softball.
Stretch Internet, based in Mesa, Ariz., provides streaming and other Internet services to more than 150 high schools, colleges, universities, professional teams and radio stations while reaching an audience of more than 50,000 users per month. Founded in 2002 by a former college sports information director, Stretch Internet is devoted to customer service and providing a first-class, high quality experience for its clients and their extended communities.
Lipscomb University is a member of the Atlantic Sun Conference and competes at the NCAA Division I level. Lipscomb University offers 17 intercollegiate sports.
Lipscomb University is a Christian community of scholars that offers more than 100 bachelor’s degree programs in nearly 70 majors, including business, biology/pre-med, education, engineering, and nursing through the Lipscomb/Vanderbilt nursing partnership. Master's degree programs are offered in accounting, Bible, business, conflict management, education, psychology, and sustainability, and a doctoral degree is offered in pharmacy. Named a “Top 20 Master’s University” by U.S. News and World Report, Lipscomb University is located in Nashville, where it draws on the city as its campus and the world as its classroom.
Further Instructions for Listeners:
• An list of upcoming broadcast is available at www.lipscombsports.com/sportsnetwork/. On the team schedule pages, events that are slated for broadcast will be marked with a radio icon. This icon links to the Sports Network page.
• Once on the Sports Network page, click on the appropriate “Listen” link to listen to a live broadcast. All broadcast times listed are Central Time and are the time the broadcast is scheduled to begin. Broadcasts begin approximately 15 minutes prior to the event.
• Events are streamed through QuickTime. You can download a free copy of QuickTime from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/.
• Above the broadcast schedule, there is a link that changes the schedule from upcoming events to archived events. Once on the archived events list, click on the appropriate “Audio Archive” link to listen to the archived broadcast. You may also click on the appropriate “Purchase” link to purchase a CD of the game’s broadcast.
• If you're having problems installing the software or accessing the broadcasts, please visit the broadcast Frequently Asked Questions page.
|Copyright ©2014 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|