Monday, September 27, 2010MACON, Ga. – Lipscomb’s Meghan Hinemeyer claimed the first Atlantic Sun Volleyball player of the week award of her career, announced by the league office Monday, for her performance in a 2-0 week for the Lady Bisons.
A senior outside hitter, Hinemeyer totaled 31 kills in two matches, which included 17 against FGCU in a non-conference match. Against the Eagles she hit .533 and added nine digs, barely missing a double-double. She joins Alex Kelly as the second Lipscomb player to earn a player of the week honor this season.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Meghan Hinemeyer, Lipscomb (Outside Hitter – Sr. – Overland Park, Kan. – Psychology)
• First A-Sun Player of the Week winner
• Posted 31 kills in two matches including 17 against FGCU with a .533 hitting percentage
• Added 14 kills against Austin Peay earlier in the week
• Totaled 14 digs on the week and a .474 hitting percentage
• Both matches resulted in 3-0 sweeps for the Lady Bisons
|Copyright ©2014 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|