Friday, December 10, 2010The Game
The Lipscomb University Bisons look for the season sweep against Ohio Valley Conference opponents when they trek to Cookeville, Tenn., Saturday to face Tennessee Tech. Game time is 7 p.m. from the Eblen Center.
Lipscomb is 3-0 against OVC opponents defeating Austin Peay at home and on the road along with UT Martin on the road.
The Bisons are led by the dynamic duo of seniors Adnan Hodzic and Josh Slater. Hodzic needs 22 points to pass Eddie Ard (1,624) and then Brian Fisk (1,633) to become Lipscomb’s NCAA-era leading scoring. He averages 20.3 points and 10.3 rebounds per contest. Slater posts 18.7 points and 8.9 rebounds per game putting Hodzic and Slater No. 1 and No. 2 in scoring and rebounding in the Atlantic Sun.
Lipscomb defeated Austin Peay 73-70 in Clarksville Tuesday night. Slater scored 23 points while Adnan Hodzic had 13 points and a season-high 17 rebounds. The Bisons shot 50 percent while holding APSU to 40.9 shooting.
Tennessee Tech lost 80-69 at home to High Point on Wednesday. High Point shot 58.3 percent for the game and was 17-of-23 from the free thow line in the second half to snap Tech’s two-game win streak and drop them to 2-4 on the season. Junior Kevin Murphy led the Golden Eagles with 17 points. Murphy paces Tech on the year averaging 13.3 points.
- Lipscomb is 2-2 on the road while Tennessee Tech is 1-1 at home.
- Lipscomb’s 41 rebounds per game leads the Atlantic Sun and is the sixth highest average in the nation.
- Hodzic has scored in double figures in 64 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the nation.
- Last year the Bisons struggled on the defensive end allowing opponents to shoot 46.7 percent. This year Lipscomb holds its opponents to 43.7 percent shooting.
- Junior Jordan Burgason is off to a cold start from downtown connecting on 32.5 percent of his 3-point attempts. Last year he led the Atlantic Sun hitting 43.8 percent.
- RPI: 58
- Basketball State: 70
- Sagarin Rating: 68
- Strength of Schedule: 110