Tuesday, December 14, 2010
MACON, Ga. – Atlantic Sun Player of the Year Adnan Hodzic, from Lipscomb, set the Bisons’ Division I career scoring record leading the Bisons to a pair of road wins to win his fifth Player of the Week honor, the conference announced on Tuesday.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Adnan Hodzic, Lipscomb
(F – Sr. – Sarajevo, Bosnia – Marketing)
- Fifth A-Sun Player of the Week award
- Averaged 18.0 PPG, 9.5 RPG, 66.7 FG Pct
- Led the Bisons to two non-conference road wins against Austin Peay and Tennessee Tech.
- Lipscomb improved to 4-0 against Ohio Valley Conference opponents.
- Scored 23 points, all in the second half, against Tennessee Tech to become Lipscomb's NCAA era leading scorer at 1,635 career points.
- Shot a perfect 9-of-9 from the field in the second half.
- Hodzic scored 13 points and brought down a season-high 17 rebounds at Austin Peay.
- His 17 boards represented nearly half of Austin Peay's total output (35).
The Atlantic Sun Conference is an 11-member league committed to Building Winners for Life. The A-Sun stands for achievement with integrity in both the academic and athletic arenas, with a focus on the balance between the two for our student-athletes. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun boasts five of the top eight media markets in the Southeast. The A-Sun includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Belmont University, Campbell University, East Tennessee State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, Mercer University, University of North Florida, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University.