Saturday, April 07, 2012
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – The Lipscomb men’s tennis team was blanked by No. 52 North Florida 4-0 on Saturday afternoon in Jacksonville, Fla.
The Bison’s only win of the day came in doubles play, where No. 3 doubles partners sophomore David Salazar and junior Colby Shaw defeated Leonardo Nahar and Pedro Davisson 8-7 (6).
The Bison lost the doubles point, however, losing matches at No. 1 and No. 2.
Junior Oliver Strecker and sophomore Miguel Cortez fell at No. 1 8-1 to Norbert Nemcsek and Daniel Sotomarino.
At No. 2, the freshmen duo of Daniel Hernandez and Stuart Tierney was defeated 8-4 by Moritz Buerchner and Graham Edgar.
Because of a tight time schedule, once singles play began, UNF only needed to pick up three matches to call it a day.
The Bison quickly dropped three matches at the bottom half of their lineup, leaving Strecker, Hernandez and Salazar unfinished on courts 1, 2 and 3 respectively.
At No. 4, Shaw was defeated by Davisson 6-1, 6-1, while Cortez lost to Nahar at No. 5 6-1, 6-4.
Tierney fell at No. 6 to Edgar 6-1, 6-1.
With four matches secured for UNF the match was clinched and the Bison began their journey back to Nashville.
The Bison now hold a 3-4 record following the loss with only two conference matches remaining.
The Bison will take this week to prepare to host Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson next weekend at the Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center.
1. Norbert Nemcsek/Daniel Sotomarino (UNF-M) def. Oliver Strecker/Miguel Cortez (LIP) 8-1
2. Moritz Buerchner/Graham Edgar (UNF-M) def. Daniel Hernandez/Stuart Tierney (LIP) 8-4
3. David Salazar/Colby Shaw (LIP) def. Leonardo Nahar/Pedro Davisson (UNF-M) 8-7 (8-6)
1. Moritz Buerchner (UNF-M) vs. Oliver Strecker (LIP) unfinished
2. Daniel Sotomarino (UNF-M) vs. Daniel Hernandez (LIP) unfinished
3. Norbert Nemcsek (UNF-M) vs. David Salazar (LIP) unfinished
4. Pedro Davisson (UNF-M) def. Colby Shaw (LIP) 6-1, 6-1
5. Leonardo Nahar (UNF-M) def. Miguel Cortez (LIP) 6-1, 6-3
6. Graham Edgar (UNF-M) def. Stuart Tierney (LIP) 6-1, 6-1
|Copyright ©2015 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|