Saturday, March 16, 2013
DELAND, Fla. - The Lipscomb women’s tennis team lost its second conference match of the weekend after falling to Stetson 7-0 on Saturday in a road match.
The team lost 5-2 to Florida Gulf Coast on Thursday in Ft. Myers, Fla.
The doubles team of Jenny Borck and Deahna Welcher took home the day’s only win for the team.
Lipscomb head coach Andrew Harris said that doubles continued to be a strong point for the team, but unfortunately, important momentum wasn’t capitalized on by the Lady Bisons.
“There was another good fight in the doubles,” Harris said. “We need to recognize those critical moments where the momentum is in the balance.”
Harris said that the singles matches were the team’s Achille’s heel, complimenting Stetson’s play.
“Heading into singles, we needed to get out early, and we were behind from the beginning – which ended up being our demise,” Harris said. “Give Stetson credit as well. They will do a great job this year.”
It was the third consecutive sweep of a match for Stetson.
The Lady Bisons will look to put Saturday’s loss behind them as they are set to host an early match against Northern Iowa on Wednesday at the Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center.
Stetson 7, Lipscomb 0
Mar 16, 2013 at DeLand, Fla. (Mandy Stoll Tennis Center)
1. Andrea Crespo (STET) def. Deahna Welcher (LIPW) 6-0, 6-2
2. Sara Lazarevic (STET) def. Melissa Kromer (LIPW) 6-1, 6-2
3. Diana Bukajeva (STET) def. Lorena Djuknic (LIPW) 6-4, 6-0
4. Lindsey Cable (STET) def. Jenny Borck (LIPW) 6-2, 6-2
5. Jen Miller (STET) def. Alyssa Bellini (LIPW) 6-2, 6-2
6. Eveline Lepinay (STET) def. Shilpa Naruka (LIPW) 4-6, 6-0, 6-1
1. Jenny Borck/Deahna Welcher (LIPW) def. Sara Lazarevic/Andrea Crespo (STET) 8-4
2. Diana Bukajeva/Jen Miller (STET) def. Lorena Djuknic/Alyssa Bellini (LIPW) 8-5
3. Lindsey Cable/Eveline Lepinay (STET) def. Melissa Kromer/Shilpa Naruka (LIPW) 8-4
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (2,1,3,5,4,6)
|Copyright ©2013 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|