Thursday, March 21, 2013
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The Lipscomb women’s tennis team returned to Nashville on Wednesday after two consecutive road losses to Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson. Unfortunately, the return was met with a tough 4-3 nonconference loss to the Northern Iowa.
Jenny Borck, Alyssa Bellini and Shilpa Naruka all posted up wins in the singles competition, and the doubles team of Naruka and Melissa Kromer claimed a victory.
Lipscomb coach Andrew Harris said that the close match came down to last minute effort from Panthers (6-4).
“UNI really showed a lot of grit today, and I think they just wanted it more in the end,” Harris said. “When it comes down to one court at 3-3, anything can happen.”
The Lady Bisons (4-9) looks to bounce back Friday with an early morning match against Western Kentucky.
“We need to keep our heads up and look forward to playing a solid Western Kentucky team,” Harris said.
Northern Iowa 4, Lipscomb 3
Mar 20, 2013 at Nashville, Tenn. (Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center)
1. Phoebe Walker (UNI) def. Deahna Welcher (LIPW) 6-4, 6-1
2. Krissy Lankelma (UNI) def. Melissa Kromer (LIPW) 6-3, 7-6
3. Chelsea Moore (UNI) def. Lorena Djuknic (LIPW) 6-5, 7-6
4. Jenny Borck (LIPW) def. Jessica King (UNI) 6-1, 6-2
5. Alyssa Bellini (LIPW) def. Lindsay Cayton (UNI) 6-0, 6-1
6. Shilpa Naruka (LIPW) def. No player (UNI), by default
1. Phoebe Walker/Krissy Lankelma (UNI) def. Deahna Welcher/Jenny Borck (LIPW) 9-7
2. Chelsea Moore/Jessica King (UNI) def. Alyssa Bellini/Lorena Djuknic (LIPW) 8-6
3. Melissa Kromer/Shilpa Naruka (LIPW) def. No player/No player (UNI), by default
|Copyright ©2015 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|