|News » Archives|
Monday, September 19, 2005
Sept. 19, 2005
Lipscomb junior volleyball player Ann Mullins was named Atlantic Sun Player of the Week for Sept. 12-18.
Mullins accomplishments for the week were:
• Set a new A-Sun Conference record for digs in a four-game match with 43 in 3-1 match win over Tennessee Tech Saturday at the Dunn Hospitality Aces Invitational at the University of Evansville. Mullins shattered the old mark of 39 set by Liz Kane in four games as Mercer played at Jacksonville Oct. 25, 2004.
• She was only two short of tying the conference record for digs in a five-game match. Christen Garcia had 45 against Eastern Kentucky on Sept. 4, 2005.
• Shattered the old Lipscomb school record of 31 set by both Julie Holliday and Erin Shremp last season.
• Named to the Aces Invitational All-Tournament Team.
• Credited with 63 digs in the Evansville Tournament and 80 digs for the week with 43 against Tennessee Tech, 14 against Evansville, six against IUPUI and 17 against Tennessee-Martin as the Lady Bisons went 2-2 overall.
• Also made eight service aces with four against IUPUI, three against Tennessee Tech and one against Evansville.
• Mullins has 191 digs for the season.