Friday, January 27, 2012
Bison on the Air
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play; Jonathan Seamon, color analyst; Criag Hartline, studio host)
The Lipscomb Bison go for their 100th win in Allen Arena Saturday at 6:30 p.m. against the North Florida Osprey in the annual “Star Wars Day” with Lipscomb basketball.
Lipscomb is led by senior sharp shooter Jordan Burgason who leads the nation in 3-point percentage (53.8) and threes per game (3.9). Burgason is second in the A-Sun in scoring at 16.8 points per game.
Freshman Zavion Williams averages 9.9 points and 3.2 assist for Lipscomb. Center Justin Glenn has blossomed in his senior year to average 8.9 points and 7.2 rebounds.
Lipscomb seeks to avenge an 82-61 loss to North Florida in Jacksonville on Jan. 4. The Osprey held a 37-28 advantage on the boards, shot 59.6 percent from the field, and went on a 23-4 run to take a 29-10 lead with 8:37 left in the first half. Burgason led Lipscomb with 19 points.
Lipscomb leads the series 8-4 and has won five of the six meetings in Allen Arena. North Florida has won three of the last four meetings.
- Lipscomb is 5-3 in Allen Arena while North Florida is 3-9 on the road.
- Glenn has 15 blocks in the last five games
- Burgason has connected on 43 of his last 71 three-point attempts (60.6 percent)
- Burgason makes 4.6 threes per game over his last eight games
- Martin Smith is shooting 56.8 percent in his last ten games
- Lipscomb has been outrebounded in eight of the last ten games by an average of six boards
- Damarius Smith has missed 12 of his last 16 free throws
- Damarius is 7th in the A-Sun for assists per game (3.8) and Zavion is 11th (3.2)
- Glenn is 3rd in the A-Sun for rebounding (7.2) and is 2nd in the league for blocks (1.7). In conference games Glenn's averages increase to 8.7 and 2.3
- Lipscomb held USC Upstate to 30.4 percent shooting, the lowest output by an opponent this season.
- Lipscomb shoots 39.6 percent from beyond the arc and holds its opponents to 31.6 percent shooting from downtown.