Sunday, February 12, 2012
Bison on the Air
Radio: WPRT 102.5 The Game (Jonathan Seamon, play-by-play)
The Lipscomb men’s basketball team goes for its third win in four outings Monday at 6 p.m. central against Florida Gulf Coast in Ft. Myers, Fla.
Lipscomb is coming off a 99-91 win Saturday at Stetson in the Bison’s first game since senior all-conference guard Jordan Burgason was dismissed from the team. The Bison rallied together with three players making their scoring high in a Lipscomb uniform: junior Deonte Alexander (27), freshman Marvin Williams (16), and redshirt freshman Damarius Smith (14).
Florida Gulf Coast defeated Lipscomb 84-80 in overtime in Allen Arena on Jan. 14. The Eagles led 53-40 on the boards. Burgason led the Bison with 18 points while senior Jacob Arnett contributed 16 tallies.
Lipscomb leads the all-time series 6-2 and has won three of the four meetings at Alico Arena.
- Lipscomb is 4-8 on the road while Florida Gulf Coast is 8-4 at home
- A win gives Lipscomb its first A-Sun roadtrip sweep since also defeating FGCU and Stetson on Feb. 18 & 20, 2010.
- Lipscomb's 25 points in overtime against Stetson was one shy of the NCAA record (26-Vermont vs. Hartford, 1/24/98)
- Lipscomb & Stetson combined for 43 points in overtime Saturday, two shy of the NCAA record (VCU 23, Texas A&M 22, 12/2/00)
- Martin Smith has started the last four games. He averages 9.5 points in his last eight games.
- Justin Glenn is 3rd in the A-Sun for rebounding (7.1) and is 2nd in the league for blocks (1.6). In conference games Glenn's averages increase to 8.1 and 2.1 blocks
- After starting the season shooting 64 percent from the field, Glenn is shooting 39.3 percent in the last six games.
- Lipscomb has been outrebounded in 10 of the last 14 games.
- Lipscomb is 3-11 with three or fewer players in double figures
- Lipscomb is 0-7 when scoring 66 or fewer points
- In games Burgason played Lipscomb averaged 72.9 points and in games without him, the Bison average 81.7 points.