|News » Archives|
Saturday, February 23, 2013
MURRAY, Ky. - Despite earning their first win of the season against North Alabama last Saturday, the women’s tennis team couldn’t garner the same results in a road match against the Murray State Racers, losing 6-1.
Jenny Borck won her singles competition, and the doubles team of Lorena Djuknic/Alyssa Bellini won their match.
Coach Andrew Harris said he felt the women’s team fell behind in game play.
“On the ladies side, we knew we had to stay focused and come out with a good effort in doubles,” Harris said.
“Give Murray credit. They made us play a lot of balls in order to be successful. Unfortunately, we weren't able to do that.”
Harris said he hopes the women’s team (now 1-5) will use Sunday’s home match against the University of Tennessee-Martin to rebound after today’s loss.
“Sunday afternoon, we will have a great opportunity to move forward", he said of the match at the Huston-Marsh-Griffith Tennis Center.
Murray State 6, Lipscomb 1
Feb 22, 2013 at Murray, Ky. (Kenlake Tennis Center)
1. Ashley Canty (MUR) def. Deahna Welcher (LIPW) 6-1, 6-0
2. Carla Suga (MUR) def. Melissa Kromer (LIPW) 6-4, 6-2
3. Megan Blue (MUR) def. Lorena Djuknic (LIPW) 6-1, 6-2
4. Erin Patton (MUR) def. Alyssa Bellini (LIPW) 6-0, 6-3
5. Jenny Borck (LIPW) def. Suzaan Stoltz (MUR) 8-6
6. Carolyn Huerth (MUR) def. Shilpa Naruka (LIPW) 8-2
1. Ashley Canty/Carolyn Huerth (MUR) def. Jenny Borck/Deahna Welcher (LIPW) 8-5
2. Lorena Djuknic/Alyssa Bellini (LIPW) def. Carla Suga/Megan Blue (MUR) 8-4
3. Erin Patton/Suzaan Stoltz (MUR) def. Melissa Kromer/Shilpa Naruka (LIPW) 8-4