Lady Bisons enjoy Myrtle Beach days
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Lady Bisons enjoy Myrtle Beach days
We traveled to Myrtle Beach, S.C., to play in our last five games before we start conference play. We got to the hotel on Thursday and we all had rooms overlooking the ocean. The waves crashing were amazing to wake up and go to sleep to each day. The first thing we all did was run up to the rooms and throw on our swim suits. Seven of us were getting into the ocean no matter what. I will say that the Atlantic is not as cold as the Pacific so it was easier for me to get into. Swimming in the ocean is one thing that will always make me happy.

That night we got to go to the boardwalk and eat on our own. Some of the girls went to Senor Frogs, Johnny Rockets, and Joe’s Crab Shack. After that we got to walk around and shop a little. The freshmen got some pretty cool balloon hats. Kristen, Rena’ and I shared a room this trip and slept with the balcony door open just so we could hear the waves. Lucky us we even woke up early enough on Friday to see the sun rise.

Friday morning we took on Kansas. That was a good game. We had a lot of fight and gave ourselves a good chance to win. Unfortunately someone has to lose, but a loss like that is one where you can hold your head up. We went to Jimmy Jon’s for lunch then came back ready to take on Georgia Tech. We lost that game but we got another shot at them on Saturday. That night we went to dinner at Shiver Me Pinchers. It was pretty good crab. Haybale’s 3- year-old cousin Luke put on a dancing performance for everybody after dinner. He’s a crowd pleaser that’s for sure!

Saturday we were up early again to see another beautiful sunrise. We had Providence College up first. That was an awesome game for us. It showed us a lot and put some confidence back in our bats. We scored eight runs in the seventh inning. Everybody did their job and we put balls in play and it worked out well for us.

We took that confidence and went to face Georgia Tech again. We were all in for all seven innings. It was another good game for us, and after we heard them say we were just lucky to play them we really got pumped. We jumped out ahead with a 2-0 lead. We ended up losing 4-3. We were all in though and we played hard. That’s all we can do.

We got to sleep in Sunday and left for lunch at Firehouse Subs at 11. We took on Coastal Carolina at 2. They had a pretty good game against Kansas before we played but we were ready for them. We were ahead 4-0 and then they slowly started making a comeback. Every time they did though we answered right back, we won 6-4. After showering there we prepared for a 10 hour bus ride back to Nashville.

It was a good week for us overall playing wise. We made some big strides as a team and we will take those with us this weekend when we start conference play at ETSU and USC Upstate.

Vanessa Medina, a first baseman for the Lady Bisons, provides a weekly blog on what is happening with the team.