|March 31, 2015||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||R||H||E|
|Win: Alexis Silkwood (19-7)||7.0||2||0||0||1||4|
|Loss: SANDERS (8-9)||7.0||4||1||1||7||9|
|Julia Echols (MSU)||3||0||1||0||1||0|
|Mackenzie Toler (MSU)||3||0||1||1||1||0|
|Kayla Winkfield (MSU)||3||0||1||0||0||0|
|Loryn Nichols (MSU)||3||1||1||0||0||0|
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The 2015 non-conference schedule for the Lipscomb Lady Bisons has been arguably the toughest ever devised by head coach Kristin Ryman.
So it is no surprise that another formidable foe, this time the Mississippi State Bulldogs from the Southeastern Conference, are the opponent Tuesday afternoon in a single game at 4 p.m. at Draper Diamond at Smith Stadium.
Mississippi State is coming off a 5-3 win over No. 2-ranked Florida Sunday afternoon. The Bulldogs scored all five of their runs in the seventh inning.
The Lady Bisons swept Northern Kentucky in a three-game Atlantic Sun series which was capped off with a 25-7 win Sunday afternoon in the final game of a doubleheader.
Paige Neely enters the week having reached base in her last 13 games. Brittany Elmore has a streak of 12 games.
Neely leads the Lady Bisons with a .363 average. Elmore is batting .340 followed by Baylee Williams at .313. Neely also leads the team in hits (37) and doubles (13). Williams is the leader in runs batted in with 24 and in runs scored with 30.
In the circle Kelly Young is 8-9 with a 3.11 earned run average. She has 116 strikeouts in 110.1 innings. Tanner Sanders is 8-8 with a 3.74 ERA. She has 86 strikeouts in 93.2 innings.
Lipscomb is 16-17 overall. Mississippi State is 25-10 overall.
The Student Activities Board will be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs during the game. Fans will also be able to play “Softball Bingo” for a number of different prizes.
SCOUTING MISSISSIPPI STATE:
Mississippi State is 2-0 overall against Lipscomb. The last time the two teams met was Feb. 17, 2013, a 4-3 decision for the Bulldogs.
Seven regular starters for the Bulldogs are batting .325 or higher. Amanda Ivy leads with a .371 average.
Alexis Silkwood leads the pitching staff with an 18-7 record and a 2.64 earned run average. She has struck out 151 batters in 138 innings.
The Bulldogs are 4-3 on the road this season.
- The Lady Bisons are 75th in this week’s RPI. Mississippi State is 23rd. In the A-Sun USC Upstate is the top team at 52nd. Kennesaw State is 65th.
- This game was originally scheduled for March 10, but was rescheduled due to bad weather.
- The Lady Bisons are 11th in the nation with an average of 2.06 stolen bases per game. Brittany Elmore is fourth nationally with an average of .91 per game. Elmore is first in the A-Sun in stolen bases with 30, the second time in her career she has reached 30 or more for the season.
- Neely is 17th nationally in doubles per game with .39. She leads the A-Sun in doubles and is tied for eighth overall in total hits with 37.
- In the A-Sun Young is second in strikeouts, second in batters struck out looking (33), third in innings pitched, third in opposing batting average (.239) and tied for fourth in wins and games finished (7), tied for fifth in appearances (23)and seventh in games started (16). Sanders is fourth in opposing batting average (.242), fourth in batters struck out, tied for fourth in games started (17), tied for fifth in batters struck out looking (25) and tied for seventh in wins.
- Mississippi State is the third SEC team to play at Draper Diamond at Smith Stadium. Auburn and Kentucky have previously played there.
- Mississippi State has recorded 13 come-from-behind victories this season according to the Bulldogs website.
- Seven regular starters for the Bulldogs are batting .325 or higher. Amanda Ivy leads with a .371 average.
The Lady Bisons return to A-Sun play April 3 and 4. They play at Jacksonville in a three-game series. A doubleheader starts Friday at 3. A single game is scheduled for Saturday at noon.