MACON, Ga. - Lipscomb's Brittany Elmore was honored with this week's Atlantic Sun Softball Player of the Week honor as announced by the conference office Monday morning.
Elmore, a junior center fielder from Mount Juliet, Tennessee, helped Lipscomb to two victories last week, including handing USC Upstate only its second loss in conference play on Saturday.
The speedy leadoff hitter for the Lady Bisons stole three bases last week, setting a new single-season high for her with 39.
She went 7-for-13 in three games, including 6-for-9 in the series at USC Upstate.
On Saturday, Elmore had three hits including a home run and two RBI. In the second game of the doubleheader, she followed that up with three more hits and two RBI in a 9-0 shutout win over the Spartans.
She extended her team-leading hitting streak to 14 games, and also leads the team with 15 multi-hit games.
Atlantic Sun Softball Player of the Week - April 20th
Brittany Elmore, Lipscomb
Junior | Outfielder
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
- First Career Atlantic Sun Player of the Week honor
- Finished week with .538 batting average and .538 on-base percentage
- Went 6-for-9 in doubleheader against the A-Sun leaders USC Upstate
- Hit a home run and collected four RBIs helping Lipscomb to a 2-1 week
- Stole three bases to break her single-season high mark set in 2013; 39 steals leads the A-Sun
- Became only fifth player in A-Sun history to surpass 100 career stolen bases