LAKEPOINT, Ga. –Lipscomb's McCarley Thomas dominated her position earning her first ever ASUN Pitcher of the Week honor, announced Monday by the league office.
Thomas earned the accolade after winning two games, making four appearances including two starts.
Lipscomb began the first day of the Wyndham Garden Cougar Classic with a 4-1 win against Monmouth. Right-hander Thomas grabbed her first win of the season against the Blue Hawks after she pitched six shutout innings while collecting seven strikeouts.
The Brentwood, Tennessee native went on to lift Lipscomb to a 15-7 win against Eastern Kentucky, giving up just two hits and two runs in four innings pitched. In that time, she struck out five and did not walk a single batter.
The same day, Thomas made her second appearance in the circle, pitching the final two innings to earn her first save of the season against the College of Charleston, a 9-5 win. She limited the Cougars to just two hits in 2.2 innings, closing out the tournament with a 0.81 ERA and 20 total strikeouts.
ASUN Softball Pitcher the Week - Feb. 20th, 2017
McCarley Thomas, Lipscomb
Senior | Pitcher |Brentwood, Tenn. | English Education
- First Career ASUN Player of the Week Award
- Made four appearances including two starts at the Cougar Classic
- Won two games against Monmouth and Eastern Kentucky
- Picked up her first save of the season in Bisons 9-5 win vs. hosts College of Charleston
- Recorded a 0.81 ERA for the weekend; collected 20 strikeouts, only walking one