LAKEPOINT, Ga. – Lipscomb's Sarah Higgins was named ASUN Conference Player of the Week, the conference office announced on Monday.
Higgins takes home her first career ASUN Player of the Week honor after leading the Bisons to a 2-1 series victory against Stetson.
The third baseman tied her single-game season-high in back-to-back contests with three hits against the Hatters to close out the week.
Higgins was also one of only three players to record a hit against No. 9 Alabama in midweek action.
She stepped up in league play against the Hatters, slugging her fourth home run of the year in the 5-3 victory in game two of the series. She went 3-for-3 that day, then followed that up with a 3-for-4 game in the series finale.
She hit .545 in conference play and slugged .909 against the Hatters.
ASUN Conference Softball Player of the Week - Apr. 10th
Sarah Higgins, Lipscomb
Sophomore | Infielder | Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- First Career ASUN Conference Player of the Week honor
- Tied a single-game season best with three hits in back-to-back games last week
- One of only three Bisons players to record a hit vs. No. 9 Alabama
- Went 3-for-3 with a two-run homer to spark the Bisons offense vs. Stetson
- Closed the series with a 3-for-4 game, including a double, a steal and one RBI
- Hit .545 in league play and slugged .909 against the Hatters