NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A home run extravaganza in the fourth inning produced seven runs for the Lipscomb Lady Bisons in an 8-1 win over the North Florida Ospreys in game one of an ASUN Conference doubleheader Friday night.
Chloe Yeager started it off in with a two-run blast and Caitlin Plocheck added a three-run shot. Both homers cleared the left field fence. In between Destinee Brewer drove in a run on a double and Kasey Gibson brought in a run on a single.
“We were doing some decent things early in game one, but we hadn’t quite figured it out yet,” Lipscomb coach Kristin Ryman said. “Chloe hits the home run that just jumpstarted everything. Our confidence really began flowing after that.
“We were able to string quite a few things together in that one inning. We took the wind out of their sails.”
North Florida added a run in the sixth. The Lady Bisons answered with a run in the bottom of the inning on a double to left center by Plocheck.
Mandy Jordan, 19-7, gave up only two hits. The run she allowed was unearned. She struck out nine and walked one.
Logan Green, 10-13, went the distance for North Florida. She scattered nine hits. All eight runs were earned. She struck out one and walked six.
- It was the 30th win of the season for Lipscomb.
- Plocheck has set new season career highs for home runs with nine and doubles with 13.
- It was also Plocheck’s season high for RBI in a game, tying her career high.
- Gibson added three hits and Brewer finished with two.
- Yeager drove in two runs.
- Gibson and Plocheck are tied for the team lead in multiple-hit games with 14 each. Plocheck leads the team with six multiple RBI games.