NASHVILLE - There was a dusting of snow on the ground Monday, but there will be softball this week at Draper Diamond at Smith Stadium.
The Lipscomb Lady Bisons, 14-6, will play host to Bradley, 10-12, Wednesday at noon. Bradley lost 2-0 on four hits at Austin Peay Tuesday afternoon.
Lipscomb softball coach Kristin Ryman points out that mid-week games offer a unique challenge.
This is the first mid-week game of the season for the Lady Bisons. They were scheduled to go to Tennessee Tech last Wednesday, but the game was rescheduled due to the weather.
“It is a little different dynamic for the players than weekend type of game,” Ryman said. “But this week we are on spring break so we don’t have to worry about classes.
“There is comfortability for us playing at home. We are going to have to bring energy and intensity from the beginning.”
The Lady Bisons last played Sunday morning in Houston at the Cougar Classic, falling to Northwestern 11-3, finishing the weekend with a 3-2 record.
- Lipscomb is 2-0 all-time against Bradley, from the Missouri Valley Conference.
- The last, and only, time the two teams have met is in a doubleheader sweep by the Lady Bisons at home during the 2009 season.
- Five Bradley players are batting over .330 led by Maria Schroeder with a .386 average.
- Allison Apke, batting .353, is the leading power provider for Bradley leading the team with five home runs, six doubles and 21 runs batted in.
- Bradley has lost its last two games, both on the road.
- Lipscomb’s Mandy Jordan earned her second ASUN Pitcher of the Week and her fifth of her career. She remains unbeaten this season with a 9-0 record. She leads the ASUN with a .89 earned run average and is tied for second in wins. She is second in strikeouts with 84.
- Caitlin Turner leads the Lady Bisons in hitting with a .319 average. Khayla Green is second with a .308 mark.
- Jordan Fortel enters the week with a six-game hitting streak, the longest active streak on the team and her longest of the season. She has also reached base in nine straight games, her longest of the season and the longest active streak for the team.