NASHVILLE – Lipscomb softball gets back on the diamond Wednesday for a single nonconference contest as they play host to Louisville at 4:30 p.m. at Draper Diamond at Smith Stadium.
Fans keep an eye on LipscombSports.com and @LipscombSB on twitter as weather could potentially force a change in schedule.
The Lady Bisons dropped two-of-three against USC Upstate over the weekend in their ASUN Conference-opening series. A pair of shutout losses (4-0, 2-0) bookended an impressive 12-11 come-from-behind victory in eight innings for Lipscomb in game two.
Lipscomb enters the midweek meeting 19-9 overall while Louisville brings a 22-9 overall mark.
Live stats will be available for the contest.
- Lipscomb is 2-1 all-time against the Cardinals out of the Atlantic Coast Conference
- The last time the two teams met, a 3-run eighth inning lifted Lipscomb to a 4-1 win over Louisville on April 18, 2017.
- The Cardinals are receiving votes in the ESPN.com/USA Softball Coaches poll for the fourth straight week.
- Freshman Danielle Watson (13-6) sports a team-best 2.14 ERA with 79 punchouts in 95.0 innings.
- Sophomore Caitlin Ferguson leads the team with a .374 average and 31 RBI. She also has 11 multi-hit games and nine multi-RBI.
- Sophomore Celene Funke paces the squad with 10 stolen bases.
- Lipscomb’s Mandy Jordan allowed one run on three hits while striking out five last season against the Cardinals.
- In the 4-1 victory against Louisville a season ago, Caitlin Plocheck led the team with a 3-for-4 night with one run and one RBI.
- The Lady Bisons are paced in 2018 by Sarah Higgins, who is batting .330.
- Abby Fenichel leads the team with four home runs and 16 RBI.
- Jordan is 12-2 with a 1.03 ERA and 104 strikeouts in 95.1 innings of work. She has four shutouts to her credit.
- Jordan Fortel hammered her third home run of the season against USC Upstate. She is tied for second on the team (Higgins) with 14 RBI.
- Caitlin Turner is second on the team with a .326 batting mark.
- Lipscomb is 8-5 in games at Draper Diamond this season.
Lipscomb hits the road for a three-game series at Stetson this weekend. The Bisons and Hatters get started on Friday with a doubleheader beginning at Noon on ESPN3. The finale will be at Noon on Saturday.