NASHVILLE – Fresh off of a three-win week, the Lipscomb softball team is set for an early week matchup with UAB on Tuesday.
The Lady Bisons (22-10) and the Blazers (13-22-1) will begin at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
Live stats will be available at the link provided. Make sure to check back here for a recap of the action.
Scouting the Blazers:
- The Blazers enter the week having won two of three against Middle Tennessee.
- Destini England leads UAB at the plate with a .405 batting average and 45 hits. She also has bagged a team-best 54 total bases.
- Emily Kachel sports an 8-9 record and a 3.19 ERA on the mound for UAB as their lead starter.
- The Blazers are 0-8 against “Power Five” schools.
- Last week, the Lady Bisons took two of three from Stetson over the weekend and won a midweek matchup with Louisville.
- Lipscomb currently ranks 51st in the RPI standings, up five spots from the first rankings of the season. The Lady Bisons are 9-6 against RPI top-100 teams on the season.
- Lipscomb started off 2018 by defeating the ACC’s Georgia Tech 1-0 thanks to a 17 strikeout performance from junior Mandy Jordan at the Sand Dollar Classic.
- In game two of the season, junior Jordan Fortel no-hit No. 14 Ole Miss in leading the Lady Bisons to a 3-0 win over the nationally-ranked Rebels. Fortel was named the ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- After the 2-0 start at the Sand Dollar Classic, Lipscomb was receiving votes in both the ESPN.com/USA Collegiate Softball Poll and the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll.
- At the EMU Spring Invite, Jordan went 2-0 over the weekend. She compiled an ERA of 1.40, threw 19 strikeouts, and allowed only seven runs and nine hits. She earned her fourth-career ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- Jordan earned her second Pitcher of the Week after her two wins against IUPUI and Bowling Green. She is now 13-3 on the year with a 1.22 ERA.
- Sophomore Chloe Yeager earned the Lady Bisons fourth Pitcher of the Week of the season after winning her first two career starts against Louisville and Stetson.
- The Lady Bisons have nine wins against “Power Five” schools this season.
- Junior Sarah Higgins owns a team-high .330 batting average so far this year. She also leads the team with 35 hits, eight doubles, 52 total bases, and a .491 slugging percentage.
- Senior Abby Fenichel leads with five home runs and 18 RBI.