DELAND, Fla. – The Lipscomb softball team is hitting the road for a weekend series against ASUN for North Florida.
The Lady Bisons (26-10, 6-3) and the Ospreys (21-23, 1-8) will begin play on Saturday with a doubleheader starting at noon with game two beginning at approximately 2 p.m.
On Sunday, the two teams will close out the series with another noon matchup.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided. Make sure to check back here for a recap of all the action.
Scouting the Ospreys:
- UNF enters the weekend having lost a mid-week game to UCF 5-3 on Wednesday. Last weekend, the Ospreys dropped two of three against USC Upstate.
- Navia Penrod leads North Florida at the plate with a .443 batting average, while Tiffany Lower has a team-high three home runs.
- Sydney Matzko has been the Ospreys primary starter this season, posting an 11-15 record with a 2.04 ERA.
- The Ospreys are 4-7 against “Power Five” schools this season.
- The Lady Bisons enter the weekend having won seven of the last eight games, including a series sweep of Jacksonville last weekend.
- Lipscomb currently ranks 52nd in the RPI standings, up four spots from the first rankings of the season. The Lady Bisons are 9-6 against RPI top-100 teams on the season.
- Lipscomb started off 2018 by defeating the ACC’s Georgia Tech 1-0 thanks to a 17 strikeout performance from junior Mandy Jordan at the Sand Dollar Classic.
- In game two of the season, junior Jordan Fortel no-hit No. 14 Ole Miss in leading the Lady Bisons to a 3-0 win over the nationally-ranked Rebels. Fortel was named the ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- After the 2-0 start at the Sand Dollar Classic, Lipscomb was receiving votes in both the ESPN.com/USA Collegiate Softball Poll and the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll.
- At the EMU Spring Invite, Jordan went 2-0 over the weekend. She compiled an ERA of 1.40, threw 19 strikeouts, and allowed only seven runs and nine hits. She earned her fourth-career ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- Jordan earned her second Pitcher of the Week after her two wins against IUPUI and Bowling Green. She is now 15-3 on the year with a 1.38 ERA.
- Sophomore Chloe Yeager earned the Lady Bisons fourth Pitcher of the Week of the season after winning her first two career starts against Louisville and Stetson.
- The Lady Bisons have nine wins against “Power Five” schools this season.
- Junior Sarah Higgins owns a team-high .350 batting average so far this year. She also leads the team with 41 hits, 64 total bases, and a .547 slugging percentage.
- Senior Abby Fenichel earned her first career Player of the Week award after leading Lipscomb to a 4-0 week with a .462 average and five doubles. She leads the team with five home runs, 12 doubles and 24 RBI.