COOKEVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb softball team is hitting the road for a mid-week matchup with in-state foe Tennessee Tech on Wednesday.
The Lady Bisons (28-11) and the Golden Eagles (14-24) are set to play at 5 p.m. at the Tech Softball Field.
Live stats will be available at the links provided. Make sure to check back here for a recap of the action.
Scouting the Golden Eagles:
- TTU enters the matchup having won five of the last six, including a doubleheader with Murray State last weekend.
- Taylor Thomas leads Tennessee Tech at the plate with a .306 batting average, while Raegan Sparks has a team-high nine home runs.
- Taylor Waldrop has been the Golden Eagles primary starter this season, posting a 9-7 record with a 3.49 ERA.
- Tech is 0-3 against “Power Five” schools this season.
- The Lady Bisons enter the matchup having taken two of three against North Florida last weekend.
- Lipscomb currently ranks 50th in the RPI standings, up six spots from the first rankings of the season. The Lady Bisons are 11-7 against RPI top-100 teams on the season.
- Lipscomb started off 2018 by defeating the ACC’s Georgia Tech 1-0 thanks to a 17 strikeout performance from junior Mandy Jordan at the Sand Dollar Classic.
- In game two of the season, junior Jordan Fortel no-hit No. 14 Ole Miss in leading the Lady Bisons to a 3-0 win over the nationally-ranked Rebels. Fortel was named the ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- After the 2-0 start at the Sand Dollar Classic, Lipscomb was receiving votes in both the ESPN.com/USA Collegiate Softball Poll and the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll.
- At the EMU Spring Invite, Jordan went 2-0 over the weekend. She compiled an ERA of 1.40, threw 19 strikeouts, and allowed only seven runs and nine hits. She earned her fourth-career ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- Jordan earned her second Pitcher of the Week after her two wins against IUPUI and Bowling Green. She is now 15-4 on the year with a 1.36 ERA.
- Sophomore Chloe Yeager earned the Lady Bisons fourth Pitcher of the Week of the season after winning her first two career starts against Louisville and Stetson.
- The Lady Bisons have nine wins against “Power Five” schools this season.
- Junior Sarah Higgins owns a team-high .344 batting average so far this year. She also leads the team with 44 hits and 71 total bases.
- Senior Abby Fenichel earned her first career Player of the Week award after leading Lipscomb to a 4-0 week with a .462 average and five doubles. She leads the team with seven home runs, 13 doubles, 29 RBI, and a .556 slugging percentage.