NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb softball team is set for a quick turnaround as the Lady Bisons welcome Battle of the Boulevard rival Belmont to Draper Diamond on Tuesday.
Lipscomb (29-13) and Belmont (22-19) are set for a 5 p.m. showdown, barring any inclement weather.
The game will be a part of “Lipscomb Athletics Community Appreciation Day”. That day will also see the Lipscomb baseball team host Belmont as well at 6 p.m.
To show Lipscomb’s appreciation and love for our community, neither game will charge admission. Bring your family and a friend to watch what will hopefully be a pair of victories over the Bruins!
Live stats will be available at the link provided. Make sure to check back here for a recap of the action.
Scouting the Bruins:
- Belmont enters the matchup on a six-game losing streak.
- Lexi Rouse leads the Bruins at the plate with a .333 batting average, while Rouse and Jess Andree are tied for the team lead with eight home runs.
- Brooklin Lee (12-9) has been the Bruins primary starter this season.
- Belmont is 1-2 against “Power Five” schools this season.
- The Lady Bisons enter the matchup having lost two games to ASUN-leading Kennesaw State over the weekend. Game three was cancelled while tied at 5-5 in the top of the fourth.
- Lipscomb currently ranks 52nd in the RPI standings, up four spots from the first rankings of the season. The Lady Bisons are 11-9 against RPI top-100 teams on the season.
- Lipscomb started off 2018 by defeating the ACC’s Georgia Tech 1-0 thanks to a 17 strikeout performance from junior Mandy Jordan at the Sand Dollar Classic.
- In game two of the season, junior Jordan Fortel no-hit No. 14 Ole Miss in leading the Lady Bisons to a 3-0 win over the nationally-ranked Rebels. Fortel was named the ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- After the 2-0 start at the Sand Dollar Classic, Lipscomb was receiving votes in both the ESPN.com/USA Collegiate Softball Poll and the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll.
- At the EMU Spring Invite, Jordan went 2-0. She compiled an ERA of 1.40, threw 19 strikeouts, and allowed only seven runs and nine hits. She earned her fourth-career ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- Jordan earned her second Pitcher of the Week after her two wins against IUPUI and Bowling Green. She is now 15-4 on the year with a 1.36 ERA.
- Sophomore Chloe Yeager earned the Lady Bisons fourth Pitcher of the Week of the season after winning her first two career starts against Louisville and Stetson.
- The Lady Bisons have nine wins against “Power Five” schools this season.
- Junior Sarah Higgins owns a team-high .343 batting average. She also leads the team with 47 hits, 75 total bases, and a .547 slugging percentage
- Senior Abby Fenichel earned her first career Player of the Week award after leading Lipscomb to a 4-0 week with a .462 average and five doubles. She leads the team with seven home runs, 13 doubles, and 32 RBI.