NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb softball team is set to close out the ASUN regular season portion of the schedule this weekend as they welcome FGCU to Draper Diamond for a three-game series.
The Lady Bisons (30-13, 8-6) and Eagles (33-14, 7-5) will play a doubleheader on Saturday starting at 4 p.m., with game two set for approximately 6 p.m.
The series finale on Sunday will begin at 12 p.m.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided. Make sure to check back here for a recap of the action.
Scouting the Eagles:
- FGCU enters the matchup having swept Jacksonville on the road last weekend.
- Racquel Fornet leads the Eagles at the plate with a .372 batting average, while Ashley Swiderski leads the team with six home runs.
- Riley Rudolph (13-6) has been the Eagles primary starter this season.
- FGCU is 6-3 against “Power Five” schools this season.
- The Lady Bisons enter the matchup having beaten rival Belmont 13-2 in five innings on Tuesday.
- Lipscomb currently ranks 52nd in the RPI standings, up four spots from the first rankings of the season. The Lady Bisons are 11-9 against RPI top-100 teams on the season.
- Lipscomb started off 2018 by defeating the ACC’s Georgia Tech 1-0 thanks to a 17 strikeout performance from junior Mandy Jordan at the Sand Dollar Classic.
- In game two of the season, junior Jordan Fortel no-hit No. 14 Ole Miss in leading the Lady Bisons to a 3-0 win over the nationally-ranked Rebels. Fortel was named the ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- After the 2-0 start at the Sand Dollar Classic, Lipscomb was receiving votes in both the ESPN.com/USA Collegiate Softball Poll and the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll.
- At the EMU Spring Invite, Jordan went 2-0. She compiled an ERA of 1.40, threw 19 strikeouts, and allowed only seven runs and nine hits. She earned her fourth-career ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- Jordan earned her second Pitcher of the Week after her two wins against IUPUI and Bowling Green. She is now 15-5 on the year with a 1.47 ERA.
- Sophomore Chloe Yeager earned the Lady Bisons fourth Pitcher of the Week of the season after winning her first two career starts against Louisville and Stetson.
- The Lady Bisons have nine wins against “Power Five” schools this season.
- Junior Sarah Higgins owns a team-high .345 batting average. She also leads the team with 48 hits, 76 total bases, and a .547 slugging percentage
- Senior Abby Fenichel earned her first career Player of the Week award after leading Lipscomb to a 4-0 week with a .462 average and five doubles. She leads the team with seven home runs, 13 doubles, and 34 RBI.