|May 03, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||R||H||E|
|Win: YEAGER (9-2)||5.2||8||4||4||5||1|
|Loss: AIKEY (10-9)||4.1||7||2||2||2||5|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb softball team is set to close out the regular season with a trip to Western Kentucky on Thursday in Bowling Green.
The Lady Bisons (31-15) and the Hilltoppers (26-23) are set for a 6 p.m. first pitch at the WKU Softball Complex.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided. Make sure to check back here for a recap of the action.
Scouting the Hilltoppers:
- WKU enters the matchup having lost gotten swept by Florida Atlantic last weekend.
- Paige Carter leads the Hilltoppers at the plate with a .324 batting average, while Brittany Vaughn and Rebekah Engelhardt lead the team with seven home runs.
- Shelby Nunn (15-13) has been the Hilltoppers primary starter this season.
- WKU is 0-2 against “Power Five” schools this season.
- The Lady Bisons enter the matchup having taken one of three from FGCU over the weekend.
- Lipscomb currently ranks 50th in the RPI standings, up six spots from the first rankings of the season. The Lady Bisons are 12-11 against RPI top-100 teams on the season.
- Lipscomb started off 2018 by defeating the ACC’s Georgia Tech 1-0 thanks to a 17 strikeout performance from junior Mandy Jordan at the Sand Dollar Classic.
- In game two of the season, junior Jordan Fortel no-hit No. 14 Ole Miss in leading the Lady Bisons to a 3-0 win over the nationally-ranked Rebels. Fortel was named the ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- After the 2-0 start at the Sand Dollar Classic, Lipscomb was receiving votes in both the ESPN.com/USA Collegiate Softball Poll and the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll.
- At the EMU Spring Invite, Jordan went 2-0. She compiled an ERA of 1.40, threw 19 strikeouts, and allowed only seven runs and nine hits. She earned her fourth-career ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- Jordan earned her second Pitcher of the Week after her two wins against IUPUI and Bowling Green. She is now 15-7 on the year with a 1.45 ERA.
- Sophomore Chloe Yeager earned the Lady Bisons fourth Pitcher of the Week of the season after winning her first two career starts against Louisville and Stetson.
- The Lady Bisons have nine wins against “Power Five” schools this season.
- Junior Sarah Higgins owns a team-high .331 batting average. She also leads the team with 49 hits and 13 doubles.
- Senior Abby Fenichel earned her first career Player of the Week award after leading Lipscomb to a 4-0 week with a .462 average and five doubles. She leads the team with seven home runs, 34 RBI, 79 total bases, and a .534 slugging percentage.