|May 09, 2018||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||R||H||E|
|Win: BILODEAU (16-11)||7.0||4||0||0||2||2|
|Loss: JORDAN (15-8)||4.0||1||4||3||6||3|
DeLand, Fla. – The No. 4 seed Lipscomb softball team is headed to the ASUN Championships where they are set to face off against the fifth-seeded Jacksonville Dolphins on Wednesday.
The Lady Bisons (32-15, 9-8) and Jacksonville (26-27, 7-10) are set for a 4:30 p.m. first pitch at Patricia Wilson Field on Stetson’s Campus in DeLand, Florida.
Live stats and live streaming will be available at the links provided. Make sure to check back here for a recap of the action.
Scouting the Dolphins:
- JU enters the matchup having taken two of three from Stetson over the last weekend.
- Madison Ragan leads the Dolphins at the plate with a .354 batting average, while Heather Roberts leads the team with nine home runs and 31 RBI.
- Alyssa Bilodeau (15-11) has been the Hilltoppers primary starter this season.
- JU is 5-8 against “Power Five” schools this season.
- The Lady Bisons enter the matchup having won three of their last five.
- Lipscomb currently ranks 51st in the RPI standings heading into the tournament, up five spots from the first rankings of the season. The Lady Bisons are 9-10 against RPI top-100 teams on the season. They also have nine wins against “Power Five” schools this season.
- Lipscomb started off 2018 by defeating the ACC’s Georgia Tech 1-0 thanks to a 17 strikeout performance from junior Mandy Jordan at the Sand Dollar Classic.
- In game two of the season, junior Jordan Fortel no-hit No. 14 Ole Miss in leading the Lady Bisons to a 3-0 win over the nationally-ranked Rebels. Fortel was named the ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- After the 2-0 start at the Sand Dollar Classic, Lipscomb was receiving votes in both the ESPN.com/USA Collegiate Softball Poll and the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll.
- At the EMU Spring Invite, Jordan went 2-0. She compiled an ERA of 1.40, threw 19 strikeouts, and allowed only seven runs and nine hits. She earned her fourth-career ASUN Pitcher of the Week for her efforts.
- Jordan earned her second Pitcher of the Week after her two wins against IUPUI and Bowling Green. She is now 15-7 on the year with a 1.45 ERA.
- Sophomore Chloe Yeager earned the Lady Bisons fourth Pitcher of the Week of the season after winning her first two career starts against Louisville and Stetson.
- Junior Sarah Higgins owns a team-high .336 batting average. She also leads the team with 51 hits and 13 doubles.
- Senior Abby Fenichel earned her first career Player of the Week award after leading Lipscomb to a 4-0 week with a .462 average and five doubles. She leads the team with seven home runs, 34 RBI, and a .539 slugging percentage.
- Fenichel and Jordan were each named to the All-Academic team. It was Jordan’s second consecutive year earning the honor.