NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb softball team will play a mid-week game for the first time in three weeks.
While not technically midweek the Lady Bisons will welcome Austin Peay State University from the Ohio Valley Conference to Draper Diamond at Smith Stadium for a 5 p.m. game Tuesday.
The Lady Bisons, 31-13-1, swept Stetson in a doubleheader Saturday, in a series shortened by one game due to weather. Austin Peay, 23-17, last played April 12, a 9-0 loss on the road at Southeast Missouri State. The last four games for the Governors have been postponed due to weather.
Lipscomb holds a 13-7 advantage in the overall series, winning the last six meetings. The last time the two teams played was March 19, 2017, a 7-6 win for the Lady Bisons.
The Lady Bisons have won 10 of their last 11 games.
Lipscomb is rated 52nd in the RPI this week, the highest rating for an ASUN team. Liberty is 56th.
Scouting Austin Peay
- Austin Peay has five batters hitting higher than .300. Carly Mattson leads the way with a .344 average followed by Kacy Acree (.336), Danielle Liermann (.331), Kelsey Gross (.321) and Morgan Rackel (.307).
- Rackel leads the pitching staff with a 17-5 record. She has a 2.21 earned run average.
- Mattson leads the Governors in doubles with 10.
- Liermann paces the team with 14 home runs and 32 RBI.
- Gross is tops on the team with three triples.
- As a team Lipscomb nationally in the NCAA is eighth in doubles per game (1.76) and 16th in stolen bases per game (1.98).
- Hannah DeVault is fourth in the nation in doubles (18), seventh in doubles per game (0.4) and 29th in runs batted in (46). DeVault is 48th in RBI per game with 1.02.
- Also, in the top 20 nationally is Khayla Green ranked 18th with 0.8 per game.
- DeVault leads the Lady Bisons in batting average (.336), doubles, home runs (nine), RBI, .672 slugging percentage and .443 on-base percentage.
- Also batting higher than .300 for Lipscomb are Jordan Fortel (.331) and Katie Turner (.310).
- In the ASUN DeVault is first in RBI and second in home runs. Fortel is third in RBI with 32.
- Peyton Ward leads the ASUN in stolen bases with 24.
- Mandy Jordan is fourth in the ASUN in wins with 13. She is tied for second in saves with two.
The Lady Bisons play their last games at home this weekend when Kennesaw State visits for an ASUN series. Saturday’s doubleheader starts at 4. Sunday’s final game will be played at 1 p.m.