Monday, September 13, 2010MACON, Ga. – For the second time this season and eighth in her career, Lipscomb’s Alex Kelly earned the Atlantic Sun Volleyball Player of the Week award, announced Monday by the league office.
Kelly won MVP honors of the Gamecock Invitational by leading the Bisons past South Carolina, Furman and South Carolina State. She finished the week with 56 kills, nine assists, 12 blocks, 33 digs and a .427 hitting percentage.
The Lady Bisons claimed four wins on the week, all in straight sets, which extended Lipscomb’s winning streak to six games.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Alex Kelly, Lipscomb (Middle Hitter – Sr. – Kansas City, Mo. – Marketing)
• Eight-time A-Sun Player of the Week winner; Second this season
• MVP of the Gamecock Invitational with 46 kills, 10 blocks and .424 hitting percentage
• Helped team to first win against a Southeastern Conference foe, South Carolina, in program history
• Double-digit kills in all four wins including 17 against Furman, the defending SoCON Champions
• Averaged 4.67 kills per set, including 5.1 per set at Gamecock Invitational
This release is provided by the Atlantic Sun Conference.
|Copyright ©2013 Lipscomb University Athletics. All Rights Reserved.||www.LipscombSports.com|