The play of Alex Kelly led the Lady Bisons as the two-time A-Sun Player of the Year set a tournament record with 63 kills and earned All-Tournament team honors.
For her strong play, Kelly won the season’s first Atlantic Sun Player of the Week honors, the conference office announced on Monday.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Alex Kelly, Lipscomb (Middle Hitter – Sr. – Kansas City, Mo. – Marketing)
• Seven-time A-Sun Player of the Week winner
• Set Bluejay Invitational record for kills with 63 in three matches en route to making All- Tournament team
• Finished in double figures in digs and kills in all three matches
• Leads the A-Sun in hitting percentage (.368), kills (63) and kills per set (5.25)
• Recorded nine blocks and 58 digs in the first three matches of the season.
The Atlantic Sun Conference is an 11-member league committed to Building Winners for Life. The A-Sun stands for achievement with integrity in both the academic and athletic arenas, with a focus on the balance between the two for our student-athletes. Headquartered in Macon, Ga., the A-Sun boasts six of the top eight media markets in the Southeast. The A-Sun includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Belmont University, Campbell University, East Tennessee State University, Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Lipscomb University, Mercer University, University of North Florida, University of South Carolina Upstate and Stetson University.
Ths information was supplied by the Atlantic Sun Conference.