MACON, Ga. – Lipscomb right side Brittnay Estes has been named the Atlantic Sun Player of the Week in volleyball.
This is her first career A-Sun Player of the Week Award.
Estes led the Lady Bisons to a 2-1 start, their best since 2010 at the Kansas Invitational. She recorded a double-double in the win over No. 23 Kansas, and her first career triple-double in a match vs. Creighton.
Estes is a junior from Palm Harbor, Florida. She is majoring in TV Broadcasting and Communications.
- Posted 11 kills and 13 digs in comeback win vs. No. 22 Kansas
- Recorded first triple-double with 12 kills, 12 digs and 10 assists vs. No. 23 Creighton
- Averaged 2.54 kills per set, while also contributing on defense with 2.46 digs per set
- Added four service aces and five blocks
- Led Lipscomb to best start after three games since the 2010 season
“I am so proud of her,” Lipscomb coach Brandon Rosenthal said. “Her dedication to redefine her game and her hard work are a credit to her in receiving this honor.
“It is well-deserved. It won’t be her last.”