|October 20, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||Final|
ENGELBRECHT - 14
KENNESAW, Ga. – The Lipscomb volleyball team begins its second trip around the ASUN Conference on Friday when Kennesaw State visits Allen Arena at 6:30 p.m.
The Bisons and Owls met in the league opener back in September, when Kennesaw State came from behind to knock off Lipscomb in five sets. The win has helped position the Owls on top of the league standings with Jacksonville.
Friday’s match will be on ESPN3 with Justin Seamon and Vinnie Lopes on the call.
Between sets two and three while the teams are in the locker room, a special presentation will be held on the court. After honoring the 10th-year anniversary of the 2007 ASUN Championship squad, we will also recognize all Lipscomb volleyball alumni in attendance in a brief ceremony.
- Lipscomb is 19-3 all-time against Kennesaw State, including a 9-2 mark inside Allen Arena.
- The Bisons are 31-9 in sets played at Lipscomb.
- Kennesaw State rallied from a 2-1 deficit on Sept. 22 to knock off the Bisons earlier this season. It was the first defeat the Bison had ever suffered in Kennesaw.
- The Owls took down Lipscomb in five sets at Allen Arena to open ASUN play in 2016, after the Bisons led 2-1.
SCOUTING KENNESAW STATE:
The Owls are looking to complete their first-ever sweep of Lipscomb. They enter the match 12-4 overall and tied atop the league standings at 6-1.
Kennesaw State ranks first in the ASUN in hitting percentage (.259), second in kills (352) and kills/set (14.08).
Outside hitter Anaiah Boyer is fifth in the conference in kills/set at 3.33. She has recorded double-digit kills in 10 of 12 matches.
Setter Kristi Piedmionte moved into ninth on the ASUN career assists list with 3,641.
- Lipscomb leads the ASUN in kills per set (14.10), assists per set (13.43) and points per set (17.6).
- The Bisons are 37th nationally averaging 1.54 aces per set.
- Junior hitter Carlyle Nusbaum ranks fourth in the nation averaging 4.90 kills per set. Her 4.35 career mark is tied for third in ASUN history.
- Nusbaum leads the team with 10 double-doubles this season.
- Sophomore setter Morgan Elmore is coming off a career high 49 assists in the win over USC Upstate last weekend. Her 490 helpers are sixth most in the conference this season.
- Sophomore middle blocker Maddie Phillips is second on the team in kills (163) and blocks (53). She set a career high of 20 kills in the last outing at Kennesaw State earlier in the season.
- Phillips is coming off her first ever ASUN Defensive Player of the Week honor after combining for 13 blocks and 25 kills last week against NJIT and Upstate.
- Senior libero Brittany Thomas is tops on the squad with 278 digs.
The Bisons hit the road next weekend for a pair of ASUN contests. First they travel to Upstate on Friday, Oct. 27 at 5 p.m. before heading north to NJIT on Sunday, Oct. 29. at noon.