|October 27, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
COFFEY - 3
PHILLIPS - 3
|October 29, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
ARMADA - 1
BUSLER - 8
COFFEY - 4
PHILLIPS - 4
BAOSIC - 3
HUGHES - 3
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb volleyball team hits the road this weekend for a pair of ASUN Conference matches. The Bisons will face USC Upstate at 5 p.m. Friday before flying north to NJIT on Sunday for a noon first serve.
Upstate is one game behind Lipscomb in the league standings. Both matches will have a video stream and live stats.
The Bisons (11-10, 4-4) are looking to get back on track after dropping a heartbreaker to Kennesaw State last Friday in five sets.
- Lipscomb leads the all-time series with NJIT 5-0. All five have been sweeps, including the match earlier this season in Nashville on Oct. 13.
- The Bisons are 20-0 all-time against Upstate, 9-0 on the road. Fifteen of those matchups were sweeps. Lipscomb swept Upstate earlier this month in Nashville.
- Upstate has taken a set from Lipscomb in only five meetings.
SCOUTING USC UPSTATE:
The Spartans are 7-15 overall and 3-5 in the ASUN, but have won their last two matches (3-1 vs. NJIT) and (3-2 vs. Presbyterian) since last meeting with Lipscomb.
Madison Haake is tied for second in the NCAA in triple-doubles with four, averaging 13.75 kills, 26.75 assists and 15.5 digs. Outside hitter Lily Dempsey garnered ASUN Freshman of the Week honors for the third time this season. She ranks second among league freshmen with 2.63 kills/set.
Kaleigh Kelley ranks fifth in the ASUN in digs with 293, while her 1,442 career digs rank fourth in program history.
The Spartans are second in the league in total digs with 1,331, and third in digs/set at 15.66.
The Highlanders host Lipscomb with an 11-14, 1-7 marker after dropping their last two ASUN matches to Upstate (3-1) and Kennesaw State (3-0).
With their last win over St. Peter’s, NJIT has matched their win total from a season ago.
Tess Albyn sits at 288 kills, she needs 86 more to pass Danica Vukotic for the most kills by an NJIT player since joining the ASUN.
The Highlanders are one of the best teams in the nation in service aces, ranking 10th nationally with 151. They also rank top five in the ASUN in kills (2nd) and digs (4th).
- Outside hitter Carlyle Nusbaum is seventh in the nation in kills per set at 4.73. Her 1,135 total kills rank fourth in school history.
- Lipscomb ranks first in conference play in kills, and is second in kills/set (13.97), assists per set (13.21) and points per set (17.6).
- Maddie Phillips ranks in the top-5 in ASUN play in blocks with 29. She recorded eight stuff last weekend against Kennesaw State, just one off her career high.
- Morgan Elmore is seventh in the league in assists (530) and assists/set (6.88).
Lipscomb returns to the Music City next weekend for its last home matches of the regular season. The Bisons will host Jacksonville on Friday, Nov. 3 and North Florida on Saturday, Nov. 4. Before the match with the Dolphins the Lipscomb seniors will be recognized in a brief ceremony.