|November 03, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
SWAN - 1
|November 04, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
ELMORE - 3
COFFEY - 3
RUBAL - 3
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – The Lipscomb volleyball team plays its last matches of the regular season at Allen Arena this weekend with “Senior Night” set for Friday.
The Bisons (13-10, 6-4 ASUN) host league co-leader Jacksonville at 5:30 p.m. Friday with seniors Jenny Phelan, Chloe Rogers and Brittany Thomas being honored in a brief ceremony before first serve. North Florida will visit Allen Arena on Saturday at 5 p.m.
Both contests can been seen on Facebook Live and live stats will be available.
- The Bisons lead the all-time series against Jacksonville 19-8.
- After winning five in a row against the Dolphins, Lipscomb dropped a 4-set match to JU in early October on the road. The Dolphins stormed back to win sets two through four after the Bisons won the opener 25-12.
- Lipscomb is 17-3 all-time versus North Florida and have won nine straight meetings.
- The Bisons swept 25-18, 25-22, 27-25 in the last meeting.
Jacksonville comes to Nashville sporting a 15-8 overall mark and a 9-1 ledger in ASUN action. Its only loss in conference play came at the swings of Florida Gulf Coast, a 3-0 decision on October 13.
The Dolphins clinched a spot in their fifth-straight ASUN Championship last weekend after going 2-0 in their return to historic Swisher Gymnasium last weekend after it was damaged in Hurricane Irma.
Senior Mackenzie Swan is third in the ASUN in total digs with 402; Swan was this week's Defensive Player of the Week.
Mallory Matting is third in the conference averaging 3.53 kills per set and fourth in total kills with 300.
SCOUTING NORTH FLORIDA:
The Ospreys bring an 11-16 overall record and a 3-7 mark in league play to the Music City after taking care of both FGCU (3-2) and Stetson (3-0) on the road last weekend.
North Florida ranks first in the ASUN in total kills (1244), assists (1182), digs (1515) and total blocks (217).
Devyn Wheeler took home both the ASUN Player and Freshman of the Week last week after combining for 42 kills and 24 digs. She set a career high with 22 kills in the win over the Eagles.
- Lipscomb is 5-1 in matches since its four-set loss at Jacksonville on October 7.
- The Bisons are coming off a perfect weekend with sweeps over NJIT and USC Upstate.
- With a win on Friday or a Stetson loss, Lipscomb will clinch a spot in its 13th consecutive ASUN Championship.
- Outside hitter Carlyle Nusbaum is seventh in the nation in kills per set (4.80) and 15th in points per set (5.08). Both totals are tops in the ASUN.
- She is fifth in program history with 1,172 kills.
- The Bisons are first in conference play in kills per set (14.33), assists per set (13.53) and points per set (17.9).
- Morgan Elmore ranks sixth in the ASUN with 614 assists and seventh with 7.40 assists per set. She has reached 40+ helpers in four straight matches, and in five of the last six. Prior to that stretch she had never totaled more than 32.
- Middle blocker Maddie Phillips ranks second on the squad with 191 kills. Her .266 hitting percentage is seventh best in the league, while her 68 total blocks are eighth most.
Lipscomb will close the regular season next weekend on the road. They will travel to FGCU on Friday, Nov. 10 at 6 p.m. and then to Stetson at 5 p.m. Saturday.