|November 10, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
PHILLIPS - 2
|November 11, 2017||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
NUSBAUM - 1
PHILLIPS - 1
BEZHAN - 1
EARNHART - 1
IVANOVA - 1
JIN - 1
CONNORS - 4
JIN - 4
FORT MYERS, Fla. – The Lipscomb volleyball team will close out the regular season this weekend with trips to Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson. First serve with the Eagles is set for 6 p.m. Friday, followed by a 5 p.m. serve in DeLand Saturday. Both matches will be streamed with live stats.
Lipscomb (14-11, 7-5 ASUN) is coming off a split weekend with Jacksonville and North Florida. The Bisons dropped a 3-1 decision to the Dolphins before taking down the Ospreys in straight sets.
Junior Carlyle Nusbaum was named ASUN Player of the Week for the ninth time in her career on Monday after producing back-to-back double-double efforts with 52 kills and 29 digs. She reached 1,200 career kills versus UNF.
- Lipscomb looks to continue its ASUN dominance over Stetson and FGCU, holding a 21-1 mark in the programs NCAA era over the Hatters and a 16-6 ledger over the Eagles.
- The Bisons have won 21 matches in a row over Stetson by a combined score of 63-8, and are 10-1 all-time in DeLand. The sets in those away matches are 30-3 in favor of Lipscomb.
- Lipscomb swept its first meeting with Stetson in September.
- FGCU handed Lipscomb its first ASUN home loss of the season in late September, 3-1.
- The Purple and Gold are 7-2 all-time against the Eagles in Fort Myers.
Having already clinched its sixth straight trip to the conference tournament, Florida Gulf Coast enters the matchup 19-8 overall and 9-3 in the ASUN after knocking off NJIT and USC Upstate last weekend. The Eagles were tied atop the league standing two weeks ago before suffering losses on the road at Jacksonville and North Florida.
FGCU is the top hitting squad in the conference at .265, which ranks 24th nationally. They are second in total kills (1,292), kills/set (14.04), assists/set (13.18), and total blocks (197).
Amanda Carroll is second in the conference in kills (380), kills/set (4.37) and is fifth in hitting percentage (.293).
Snowy Burnam took home ASUN Freshman of the Week honors last week. She has double-digit kills in five straight.
Maggie Rick is the top assister in the conference with 1,044 helpers on the year. Her 11.35 assists per set also lead the ASUN and stand 19th across Division I.
The Hatters are 3-21 overall and 2-10 in league action and have lost seven straight matches entering the weekend. Their last victory came 3-1 on October 7 when USC Upstate visited DeLand.
Saturday will represent Senior Night for Stetson as Shelby Connors is the lone player to be honored. She is sixth in program history with 369 blocks after having played over 100 matches and 400 sets.
The Hatters can clinch a spot at next week’s ASUN Championship with two wins and also two losses from North Florida.
Sophomore Eva Diesa leads the Hatters with 2.62 kills per set, which is 10th in the ASUN.
Setter Naina Ivanova sits third in the league in total assists at 762. Her 8.37 assists per set are fifth most overall and first among all league freshmen.
Chelcie Spence moved into the top-5 in digs and digs/set with 376 and 3.96.
- Lipscomb clinched a spot in its 13th consecutive ASUN Championship last weekend.
- Outside hitter Carlyle Nusbaum took home her ninth ASUN Player of the Week award, which broke a tie with former Bison Alex Kelly for the most in conference history.
- Nusbaum paces the ASUN in kills (431), and points (457.0). Her 5.01 kills/set and 5.3 points/set rank fourth and ninth, respectively, in the country.
- The Bisons are 13th in the nation in assists per set (13.53) and 24th in kills per set (14.24).
- Carli Anderson stands second in the conference with 0.36 aces/set, while freshman Megan Kuper is fifth (0.29).
- Ca’Layci Coffey’s 0.96 blocks/set are fifth most in the league.
- Lauren Anderson has been on a tear as of late for the Bisons. The junior hitter has double-figure kills in six straight outings, and in eight of her last nine. She had reached 10+ just once in 16 matches before then.
- Freshman Ashley Maher has eight or more digs in six straight games. Twice in that stretch she notched a season high 12.
- Setter Morgan Elmore recorded a career high 55 assists last weekend against Jacksonville. She has 40+ helpers in six straight. Her 714 assists are fifth most in the ASUN, while her 7.93 per set stand seventh.
- In the two previous matches with FGCU and Stetson, middle blocker Maddie Phillips combined for 16 kills, four blocks and a .433 hitting clip.
The Bisons will host the ASUN Championship at Allen Arena November 16-18. Though the seeds are not set, we know Lipscomb will play at 5 p.m. on Thursday in the first round.
Match times are 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. for the quarterfinals and semifinals, and the ASUN Final match will toss first serve at 5 p.m. Saturday.