|September 11, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
NICHOLS - 6
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Lipscomb volleyball steps out of league play Tuesday when it returns to the Music City to host rival Belmont in the Battle of the Boulevard.
Fresh off a sweep of Xavier on Saturday, the Bisons will look to make it two wins in a row when the Bruins make the trek down Granny White Pike for a 6:30 p.m. first serve at Allen Arena.
Live stats will be available and the match will also be streamed on ESPN+ with Justin Seamon and Lyndsay Rowley on the call.
- Lipscomb leads the all-time series with Belmont 15-4 since joining Division I.
- The Bisons have won six straight and 13 of the last 14 meeting with the Bruins.
- The lone meeting last season went Lipscomb’s way in four sets (24-26, 25-22, 25-15, 25-20).
- Lipscomb is 7-0 all-time against Belmont at Allen Arena.
- Six of the 19 meetings have been sweeps, with the last coming in 2014 when the Bisons earned a 25-19, 25-17, 25-21 victory.
- The last meeting at Allen Arena was a 3-1 victory for the Bisons (25-21, 23-25, 25-14, 25-17).
- Belmont, picked to finish fifth in the OVC Preseason poll, enters the match 0-8 on the year after dropping games with UMBC, Tulsa and ETSU in the Bruiser Showcase Aug.30 – Sept. 1.
- The Bruins are hitting just .109 as a team and are averaging 9.67 kills per set.
- Maggie Mullins paces the squad with 64 kills, 21 more than the next player. She is second on the team with 47 digs.
- Setter Carly Mason has registered 194 of the team’s 237 assists on the year. She is averaging 7.46 per set while also leading the team in digs with 60 (2.31/set).
- The Bruins have won only three sets on the year, one against No. 22 Michigan State and a pair against UMBC.
- Lipscomb leads the ASUN in assists per set (12.93) and ranks second in kills per set (13.54).
- Senior Carlyle Nusbaum is tops on the team in kills (117), kps (4.18), points (127.0) and pps (4.54). Her 2.39 digs per set are third best.
- Nusbaum recorded her third double-double of the year on Saturday with a 16-kill, 11-dig performance against Xavier.
- Senior Lauren Anderson is the team’s top hitter at .311 and also tops in digs with 90 (3.21/set).
- Senior middle blocker Ca’Layci Coffey earned All-Tournament honors over the weekend at Purdue where she combined for 23 kills and three blocks. She had a career high 12 kills on 15 swings for an .800 hitting percentage against Xavier.
- Coffey leads the team on the year with 23 blocks. Fellow middle Maddie Phillips is second with 20.
- Megan Kuper is second on the Bisons with 67 kills and a .266 hitting clip.
- Ashley Maher is second on the team with 85 digs, an average of 3.15 per set.
The Bisons hit the road for one final tournament before ASUN play begins September 18. They travel to Champaign, Illinois this weekend for the Illini Classic. They will play Northern Iowa, Creighton on Friday and then Illinois on Saturday.