|September 28, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
McCARTY - 10
McCARTY - 1
HERMAN - 1
ANDERSON - 1
MAHER - 1
NUSBAUM - 1
SULLIVAN - 1
NASHVILLE – Playing its first home weekend match in five weeks, the Lipscomb volleyball team continued its perfect start to the ASUN Conference season Friday night with a 3-1 (25-13, 25-27, 25-16, 25-20) win over North Florida inside Allen Arena.
The Bisons (8-7, 3-0 ASUN) extended their winning streak to three matches after capturing their best record to open conference play since 2015.
Lipscomb was led by seniors Carli Anderson and Carlyle Nusbaum as the duo combined for 39 kills, 21 digs and a .564 hitting percentage.
Playing a season-high four sets, Anderson torched the Ospreys with a big night. The Apopka, Florida native recorded a career high 16 kills and had no errors while swinging .727.
Nusbaum picked up her third straight double-double behind season highs in kills (23) and digs (17). The two-time ASUN Player of the Year also made her presence known at the net with a career high six blocks.
Sophomore outside hitter Megan Kuper added eight kills, while middle blockers Samantha Rubal and Ca’Layci Coffey contributed seven each. Junior setter Morgan Elmore matched her season high with 52 assists.
The Bisons held the Ospreys to a .145 hitting efficiency with 11.0 team blocks, led by Nusbaum’s four solo stuffs. Senior libero Lauren Anderson helped anchor the back row with 10 digs.
UNF, led by Madilyn McCarty and Gabby O’Connell’s 10 kills each, drops to 6-14 on the year and 1-3 in ASUN play.
- Lipscomb improved to 5-0 at Allen Arena this season.
- The team’s 11 blocks matched a season high, after also recording 11 versus Pacific.
- Elmore has eclipsed 44 kills in three straight outings, bringing her season total to five.
- Kuper continues to knock on the door of her first double-double this season. Behind to her eight kills, she also added eight digs. She has now totaled at least eight digs in nine matches.
- Rubal made her first start of the season and came away with a career high seven kills, while hitting .385.
- Nusbaum eclipsed 20 kills for the third time this season, and the second time in three matches. Her .475 hitting clip was her second best mark of the year.
- Nusbaum has reached double figures in kills in 14-of-15 matches.
- Lipscomb’s .376 swinging percentage was its second-highest mark this season.
Lipscomb will be back on the floor Saturday at 2 p.m. when the Stetson Hatters invade Allen Arena.