|October 19, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
NUSBAUM - 12
DUNGAN - 1
SOISTMAN - 1
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb volleyball team will look to get back on track Friday when NJIT visits Allen Arena for an ASUN Conference match.
- The Bisons had a light week, with just a single meeting against Kennesaw State Wednesday night.
- The Owls held off Lipscomb to win the match 3-2, their 11th straight victory.
- The Bisons won the opening frame 31-29 before dropping the next two, 25-14 and 27-25. Lipscomb evened things up in the fourth at 25-22, but the Owls were too much in the final frame, winning 15-9.
- The Bisons were outhit .121 to .227 while the Owls totaled 21.0 blocks.
- Lipscomb leads the all-time series with NJIT 7-0.
- Six of the seven meetings have been sweeps.
- The Bisons are 3-0 at home against the Highlanders.
- Lipscomb went on the road to Newark last month and won a 3-1 decision behind Carlyle Nusbaum’s 15 kills and Megan Kuper’s 12.
- The Highlanders enter the weekend 4-19 on the year after having lost their last two matches. They are 2-6 in league play with victories over Jacksonville and North Alabama.
- NJIT has one of the top defensive specialists in the league this season in senior Adriana Nieto. The Puerto Rico native is currently averaging a league-leading 5.01 digs per set after scooping up 401 total digs – 25 more than any other player in the ASUN.
- Madi Busler leads the team with 133 kills (2.56/set). She is one of five players with over 100 kills.
- The Highlanders are last in the league hitting just .100 behind an ASUN high 580 errors. Their 1266 digs are third most.
- The Bisons are 7-1 at Allen Arena after dropping its first home contest Wednesday.
- Lipscomb ranks first in the ASUN in assists/set (12.79) and in kills/set (13.65). In league matches, those numbers jump to 13.45 aps and 14.48 kps.
- Carlyle Nusbaum is third in the ASUN in total kills at 297, just three behind the leader, but her 4.18 kps is the best number.
- Nusbaum earned her 10th double-double of the season with 19 kills and 15 digs against the Owls.
- Morgan Elmore is second in the ASUN with 9.90 assists per set. She is posting 11.45 per set against league foes. She set a career high with 53 helpers Wednesday.
- Megan Kuper has broken out in a big way in her sophomore campaign. She is second on the team with 185 kills, 2.61 kps and 3.05 points per set. She has double figure kills in back-to-back matches after collecting 14 against KSU.
- Lauren Anderson has leads the team with 226 digs this season. She has double figures in 12 matches.
The Bisons go back on the road for their next three matches, beginning with a Tuesday meeting at North Alabama at 7 p.m. They then go to Stetson and North Florida next weekend.