|October 23, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
ELLWANGER - 8
RUBLE - 5
ABAKAR - 5
NASHVILLE – Coming off a sweep of NJIT over the weekend, the Lipscomb volleyball team gets back to action Tuesday with a short road trip to take on North Alabama at 7 p.m. in ASUN Conference action.
It will mark the first-ever trip for the Bisons to Florence, Alabama.
Lipscomb (12-9, 7-2 ASUN) will try and keep pace at the top of the league table after dropping a five-set marathon to leader and undefeated Kennesaw State last Wednesday. The defeat puts the Bisons two games behind the Owls and one behind FGCU for third-place in the standings with seven matches to go.
- Lipscomb won its only meeting with UNA 3-0 in September.
- The match was the ASUN Conference opener for the Bisons.
- Carlyle Nusbaum paced the team with 20 kills and 14 digs while Morgan Elmore contributed 44 assists.
- The Lions are 2-16 overall and 0-9 in the ASUN.
- They enter Tuesday’s tilt on a 13-match win streak with the last win coming Sept. 1 in a 3-0 sweep of UNC Asheville.
- Eight of the 13 straight losses have come by sweep. The have lost in straight sets 10 times total.
- UNA has 12 new players this season.
- This is the NCAA Division I debut season for the Lions.
- Genesis Benitez is fourth in the ASUN with 3.82 digs per set.
- Christina Ellwanger paces UNA with 167 kills and 2.57 kills per set.
- Jayden Davilamcclary is fifth overall in the ASUN in service aces per set with 0.31. She leads the Lions with 321 assists and 4.94 assists per set.
- Malaisia Stallworth is tops on the squad with 56 total blocks. Her 10 solo stuff are 10th most in the ASUN.
- UNA is last in the conference in kills (606), kills per set (9.32), assists (572), assists per set (8.80), digs (930), solo blocks (24) and total points (794.0). They are fourth in digs per set with 14.31, and eighth in hitting at .113
- The Bisons are 2-4 on the road. Both wins have come against ASUN opponents (NJIT and Liberty).
- They are averaging 12.36 kills, 11.82 assists and 12.68 digs per set in those road matches.
- Carlyle Nusbaum leads the conference with 4.12 kills per set, but ranks fourth in total kills (305). FGCU’s Courtney Vanliew is first with 322.
- Nusbaum 10 double-doubles on the year, including six against ASUN teams.
- Lauren Anderson ranks 8th in the ASUN in digs (238) and 7th in digs per set (3.22). She has double figure scoops in 13 matches.
- Anderson picked up her 100th career service aces last week against Kennesaw State. She currently stands at 102 over four years.
- After not seeing the floor in any of the first nine games of the season, sophomore middle Sami Rubal stands fourth in the league with a .333 hitting clip on the year. She has swung over .300 in six of her last nine outings, including five over .500.
- Ca’Layci Coffey leads the team with 58.0 total blocks – 13th in the ASUN. Megan Kuper is next with 33.0.
- Coffey’s .302 hitting percentage is 11th best in the league.
- Kuper ranks 10th in the ASUN in kills per set (2.57), 11th in aces (18), 13th in total kills (190) and 15th in total points (225.5). Her 12 aces against ASUN teams are the fourth most.
- Morgan Elmore is second in the ASUN with 9.97 assists per set. She ups that number to 11.47 against conference opponents.
- Lipscomb leads the ASUN in kills per set (13.64) and assists per set (12.78). Against league foes, those numbers rise to 14.38 kps and 13.38 aps – both are also tops.
- The Bisons are fifth in points with 1224.0 and fourth in points per set with 16.5.
Lipscomb continues its three-match road trip this weekend with a visit to the Sunshine State. The Bisons will take on Stetson in DeLand on Friday before invading North Florida on Saturday. First serve for both matches are scheduled for 5 p.m.