|October 26, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
JIN - 5
DEISA - 5
|October 27, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
GISH - 1
NUSBAUM - 1
COFFEY - 1
WAGNER - 1
NASHVILLE – Lipscomb volleyball hits the road for a pair of big ASUN Conference matches this weekend as the season begins to wind down.
The Bisons will take on Stetson at 5 p.m. Friday in DeLand, Florida before matching up with North Florida at 5 p.m. Saturday in Jacksonville.
Lipscomb (13-9, 8-2 ASUN) enters the weekend third in the league standings, while the Hatters are fifth and the Ospreys are sixth.
The match at Stetson will be streamed on ESPN+, while the match at UNF will only have live stats.
Saturday, October 27
5 p.m. – at North Florida
- Lipscomb looks to continue its ASUN dominance over North Florida and Stetson.
- They hold a 20-3 advantage over the Ospreys after winning 12 straight outings in the series.
- The Bisons downed the Ospreys 3-1 earlier this season in Nashville.
- Lipscomb has swept UNF in seven of the last eight meetings.
- Lipscomb holds a 22-1 mark in the NCAA era over the Hatters.
- The Bisons swept Stetson 3-0 on Sept. 29 in Allen Arena.
- After playing 15 of their first 21 matches on the road, the Stetson Hatters will begin a three-game homestand Friday night against the Bisons.
- The Hatters are 12-9 overall and 4-5 in the ASUN this season.
- Brianna Schmid currently leads the team with 85 blocks, while Hao Jin is right behind with 80.
- Eva Deisa leads the team in kills (208), while Spence is the team leader in digs (376).
- Naina Ivanova is tied for the ASUN lead with 11 double-doubles. Four of them have come against league foes.
- The Hatters lead the conference in digs/set (17.04), solo blocks (64) and rank second in total digs (1380).
SCOUTING NORTH FLORIDA:
- UNF brings a 9-17 overall mark and a 2-10 tally in ASUN action into the weekend.
- Gabby O’Connell is tied for the league lead with 11 double-doubles.
- Taryn Griffey ranks fifth in the ASUN in kills (295) and kills per set (2.92) while O’Connell ranks sixth with 247 kills.
- Madilyn McCarty stands third in the conference with 8.51 assists per set. She surpassed 3,000 career helpers after posting 31 assists on Tuesday against Jacksonville.
- The Ospreys leads the ASUN in kills (1231), assists (1162) and digs (1408).
- Lipscomb leads the ASUN in kills per set (13.69), and assists per set (12.82).
- Carlyle Nusbaum tops the conference with 4.10 kills per set and stand third in total kills with 320.
- Sami Rubal ranks fifth in the conference with a .331 hitting percentage.
- Morgan Elmore is second in the ASUN with 10.13 assists per set.
- Lauren Anderson paces the team with 255 kills and 3.27 kills per set.
- Freshman Logan Gish totaled her best game as a Bison on Tuesday with 10 kills and no errors.
- Megan Kuper ranks second on the team with 197 kills and 22 aces.
- Ca’Layci Coffey has registered double-digit kills in five straight matches. She now has 172 kills on the year to go along with a .313 hitting clip and a team-high 62 blocks.
Lipscomb will return home for its final matches in Allen Arena this season. They will welcome FGCU on Friday, Nov. 2 at 6:30 p.m. and then Liberty on Sunday, Nov. 4 at 1 p.m.