|November 02, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
VANLIEW - 1
NUSBAUM - 2
NUSBAUM - 1
PHILLIPS - 1
|November 04, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
NASHVILLE – The Lipscomb volleyball team is set for its final home stand of the season this weekend as the Bisons take on FGCU and Liberty inside Allen Arena.
Lipscomb (15-9, 10-2) will face the Eagles on Friday at 6:30 p.m. and the Flames on Sunday at 1 p.m for Senior Day.
Five Bisons will be honored in a pregame ceremony on the court: Lauren Anderson, Carli Anderson, Marcella Emmanuelli, Carlyle Nusbaum, and Ca’Layci Coffey.
Both matches will be available on live stats and live streaming at the links provided.
- The Bisons and Flames will be playing their second match ever against each other.
- Lipscomb and Liberty’s first-ever matchup was a 3-2 comeback Bison victory in October in Lynchburg, Virginia.
- Lipscomb is 17-7 all-time against the Eagles.
- The Purple and Gold fell to FGCU in Fort Myers 3-1 earlier this season. They have lost three in a row to the Eagles dating back to 2017.
- FGCU brings an 20-6 overall mark into the weekend and an 11-1 tally in league play - tied for the top mark with .
- The Eagles are outhitting opponents .269 to .123, including 13.7 kills and 2.90 blocks per set.
- FGCU has won 10 ASUN weekly awards this season, led by four Freshman of the Week awards from Dana Axner.
- The Eagles are first in the ASUN in hitting percentage with a mark of .269 led by Sharonda Pickering at .442.
- Cortney VanLiew has been one of the ASUN's best offensive players ranking top-five in kills, kills per set.
- FGCU enters the weekend on a nine-game winning streak.
- Liberty enters the weekend 13-13 overall and 9-3 in the ASUN.
- The Lady Flames are outhitting opponents .242 to .185, averaging 13.0 kills and 2.5 blocks per set.
- Casey Goodwin as won two ASUN Player of the Week awards and one ASUN Defensive Player of the Week award this season.
- Lilly Kruse has twice been named the ASUN Freshman of the Week.
- Last week, Liberty went 4-0 against North Florida, Maryland Eastern Shore, NJIT, and North Alabama.
- Lipscomb enters the weekend on a four-game winning streak, including ASUN victories over North Alabama, North Florida, and Stetson last week.
- The Bisons are currently in third place in the standings, but just one game behind FGCU and Kennesaw State.
- Senior Carlyle Nusbaum won the ASUN Player of the Week for her performance over the three wins last week. It was her 12th career honor, just one shy of tying the all-time mark regardless of sport.
- Nusbaum leads the ASUN with a 4.12 kills/set average and 13 double-doubles. She is second in total kills with 350.
- Setter Morgan Elmore ranks second in the league with 10.25 assists per set. Her 523 total helpers against ASUn opponents are tops in the conference.
- Sophomore outside Megan Kuper stands second on the squad with 218 kills. Coffey, however, is quickly climbing with double-figures in kills in six of her last seven matches and seven of her last nine. She has 191 total kills.
- Coffey leads the Bisons and ranks sixth in the ASUN in total blocks. She has 44.o on the year, including 36 assisted and eight solos.
- Lauren Anderson eclipsed 1,000 career digs last weekend at Stetson. She paces the team this season with 289 scoops, 3.40 per set.
The Bisons hit the road for their final matches of the regular season next week. They first travel to Kennesaw State on Tuesday, Nov. 6 at 6 p.m. before treking to Jacksonville for a 6 p.m. first serve on Friday, Nov. 9 against the Dolphins.