|November 09, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
Mattingly - 6
Devlin - 6
Wehner - 7
RUBAL - 1
NASHVILLE - It’s the last game of the regular season for the Lipscomb volleyball team on Friday as the Bisons head to Jacksonville to take on the Dolphins. The Bisons (16-11, 11-4 ASUN) and Dolphins will get things started at 6 p.m. at Swisher Gymnasium.
- The Bisons went on the road Tuesday and fell to Kennesaw State 3-1 in their second to last regular season game.
- The loss to Kennesaw State locked the Bisons in as the No. 3 seed for the ASUN Conference Championship next week.
- KSU showed up defensively as they tallied a team total of 16 blocks versus the Bisons.
- Megan Kuper paced the way for the Purple and Gold with 15 kills and 11 digs.
- The Bisons lead in the all-time series with Jacksonville, 20-9.
- Lipscomb swept Jacksonville at Allen Arena back in October holding the Dolphins to a .041 hitting clip.
- Jacksonville comes into the match up with a 5-22 overall record and 3-11 in league play after splitting two matches last weekend. They are 2-5 at home this season.
- The Dolphins beat NJIT on the road in five sets on Friday, but then got swept at North Alabama on Sunday.
- Mallory Mattingly, who is one of the leagues best offensive players, leads the team with 366 kills (3.66/set). Her 366 kills is the fourth most in the conference. She is also fourth in the conference with 421 total points, averaging 4.2 points per set.
- Hannah Marchand provides the defense for the Dolphins as she is tied for fourth in solo blocks in the conference with 17.
- The Bisons will look to achieve a winning record on the road this year as they currently sit a 5-5 record.
- Lipscomb ranks first in the ASUN in kills with 797 on the season in league matches. A large part of that is attributed to senior Carlyle Nusbaum, who is second in the conference with 390 kills..
- Nusbaum leads the ASUN in points per set at a mark of 4.7. She is just one point behind the leader for total points at 450.5.
- The offense picks up during league matches in a number of areas as the Bisons rank first in service aces, total attacks, assists, service aces, and points.
- Morgan Elmore is second in the ASUN with 977 assists on the year giving her a mark of 10.18 per set, which also ranks second in the ASUN.
- Super sophomore Megan Kuper continues to shine in her second year. She is second on the team with 251 kills, 306.5 points, and 2.61 kps. Her 33 service aces leads the team and is the fourth most in the ASUN.
Postseason play officially starts with the ASUN Conference Championship on Nov. 15. The Bisons have clinched the No. 3 seed for the tournament, which will be hosted in Kennesaw, Georgia. All times will be announced at a later date.