|November 09, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||Final|
Mattingly - 6
Devlin - 6
Wehner - 7
RUBAL - 1
JACKSONVILLE - The Lipscomb volleyball team played its last regular season game of the year on Friday as they took on the Jacksonville Dolphins. The Bisons (17-11, 12-4 ASUN) were able to end the regular season on a high note and go into the ASUN Conference Championship with some momentum on their side as they beat Jacksonville 3-0 (25-22, 25-16, 25-21).
The offense traveled well for the Bisons as the kills were spread out amongst the team. In total they totaled 45 kills, nine coming from Ca’Lacyi Coffee who led the team. Megan Kuper and Carlyle Nusbaum also made significant contributions in the victory by finishing with eight kills each.
The most impressive part of the Purple and Gold’s victory was limiting the Dolphins to just a .102 hitting clip and one total block for the whole match. It was the sixth lowest hitting percentage the Bisons held an opponent to all season.
- The sweep was the 10th of the season for the Bisons.
- Lipscomb hit.298 on the offensive end and was led by Carli Anderson's .750 clip.
- Carli Anderson converted six kills on eight swings.
- Morgan Elmore produced 26 assists and six digs.
- Nusbaum led the team with 14 digs.
- Lauren Anderson finished second on the team with 11 digs.
- The Bisons had a total of five service aces. Kuper led the team with two brining her season total to 35, which leads the team.
The Bisons head into postseason play as the ASUN Conference Championship starts on Thursday Nov. 15 in Kennesaw, GA. Times will be announced at a later date.