|November 15, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
McCARTY - 3
|November 16, 2018||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||Final|
NASHVILLE - It is officially postseason for the Lipscomb volleyball team as they head to Kennesaw, Georgia for the ASUN Championship on Thursday, where they must win to keep the season alive.
The Bisons come in to the tournament as the No. 3 seed after finishing the regular season with an overall record of 17-11 and a conference record of 12-4. For the second consecutive season, they will match up the sixth-seeded North Florida Ospreys in the first round of the tournament.
The match will be broadcast on ESPN+ and live stats will be available as well.
- The Bisons have been dominant when matched up against the Ospreys, as they own a 21-3 all-time record versus North Florida.
- Lipscomb was victorious over UNF in its two matches during the regular season. Both of the matches ended with scores of 3-1.
- The Purple and Gold have swept the Ospreys in seven of their last nine meetings.
- After having never met in the championship prior to 2017, the teams will have met in two straight ASUN Championship opening round matches. They swept the Ospreys 3-0 in Nashville last season.
SCOUTING NORTH FLORIDA:
- UNF enters the tournament 11-21 overall and 6-10 in league play during the 2018 season.
- Taryn Griffey ranks fifth in the ASUN in kills (317) and points (384.5).
- Griffey provides the defense for the Ospreys as well. She also ranks fifth in the ASUN in total blocks with 105 and block assists with 89.
- The Osprey offense is set up through Madilyn McCarty who ranks second in the ASUN in assists (1,014) and third in assists per set (8.67).
- UNF has not won a tournament game in six years.
- Lipscomb ranks first in conference matches in kills with 842 on the season. A large part of that is attributed to senior Carlyle Nusbaum, who is second in the conference with 398 kills.
- A pair of Bisons were honored Wednesday with postseason recognition. Carlyle Nusbaum earned her third First Team All-ASUN selection as a unanimous choice. Outside hitter Logan Gish pulled in a unanimous selection for the ASUN All-Freshman team.
- Nusbaum leads the ASUN in points per set (4.6), total points (459.5) and kills per set (4.02).
- Morgan Elmore is third in the ASUN with 1,003 assists on the year giving her a mark of 10.13 per set, which ranks second in the ASUN.
- Megan Kuper is second on the team with 259 kills, 317 points, and 2.62 kps. Her 35 service aces leads the team and is the fourth most in the ASUN.
- Lipscomb comes into the conference tournament having won four of their last six matches, including a 3-0 sweep of Jacksonville in their final regular season match of the season.
- The last time Lipscomb did not win a match in the ASUN Championship was six years ago in 2012.
A win for Lipscomb would mean a date with host and No. 2 seed Kennesaw State on Friday. The teams would serve it up at 6:30 in the semifinal.