|September 10, 2019||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||Final|
Myrick - 14
Triplett - 2
Ball - 1
Kelley - 1
Walsh - 1
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Lipscomb volleyball returns to town for a midweek matchup with rival Belmont at the Curb Event Center on Tuesday.
Fresh off their first win of the season over IUPUI on Friday, the Bisons will look to make it two in a row when the teams get together at 6 p.m. on ESPN+.
- Lipscomb leads the all-time series with Belmont 16-4 since joining Division I.
- The Bisons have won seven straight and 14 of the last 15 meetings with the Bruins.
- Lipscomb is 5-3 all-time on the road versus Belmont.
- Seven of the 20 meetings have been sweeps, with the last coming in 2018 when the Bisons earned a 25-11, 25-17, 25-10 victory.
- The last meeting at the Curb went four sets in 2017 with Lipscomb coming from behind after dropping the opening set (24-26, 25-22, 25-15, 25-20).
- Belmont enters the match 1-6 on the year after dropping games with Bradley (3-0), DePaul (3-1) and Oakland (3-2) last weekend in Peoria, Illinois.
- The Bruins return nine letterwinners and four starters from a season ago.
- They are hitting just .158 as a team and are averaging 11.04 kills per set.
- Mary Catherine Ball and Halee Van Poppel lead the team with 67 and 66 kills, respectively.
- Ball also ranks second on the team with 24 blocks, trailing Kailee Bass’ 31.
- Six palyers have recorded at least 40 digs on the year, led by Faith Cobaugh’s 74.
- Setter Carly Mason has registered 151 of the team’s 263 assists on the year. She is averaging 6.04 per set while also ranking second on the squad with 55 digs.
- The Bruins’ only win this season came on a 3-0 victory over Alabama A&M last Tuesday.
- Lipscomb enters the contest 1-4 after splitting its matches with Georgia Tech and IUPUI last weekend in Atlanta.
- Sophomore Lanie Wagner paces the team with 56 kills after producing back-to-back 15-kill outings. Garrett Joiner is next with 39 kills.
- Senior setter Morgan Elmore recorded a season-high 55 assists on Friday, giving her 164 of the team’s 185 on the season.
- Alyssa Zwolensky has provided the Bisons a steady anchor on the back row with a team-leading 67 digs – a 3.72 digs per set average.
- Three players have swatted double-digit blocks. Maddie Phillips leads the way with 14, followed by 11 from Sami Rubal and 10 from Elmore.
- Freshman Lauren Myrick earned her first two starts of her career in Atlanta and came away with a big weekend. She totaled 18 kills, 17 digs, four blocks and three aces in two games in the Hyatt Regency Invitational.
The Bisons come home for the first time in 2019 to host their annual LUV Invite. Lipscomb will play Xavier at 6:30 p.m. on Friday and then take on the winner of Louisville and Purdue at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday.
There will also be 3 p.m. games each day prior to Lipscomb’s match.